Spokane to Moab to Great Sand Dunes

• HTML tutorial

chuckoverland

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Spokane, WA
Member #

So we decided that in we were going to plan a long road trip for our 10th anniversary in April 2020. Hoping to find some warmer weather in the spring and see some cool sights. The route we will likely take is I-90 east to I-15 and head south. We will break the drive up into 5 or 6 hour pushes and hopefully find good camping each night. Then spend 2 days in Moab taking in the sights, camping, and hitting trails. Then check out the dunes and head north on I-25 till we get back to I-90 and head west through more of Montana.
Any people with knowledge of good remote camping or BLM type sites along the way we would love suggestions. We have tons of time to plan but pointers in the right direction will help more than you know. We are usually fly by the seat of your pants types and planning doesn't come that naturally, hence starting early.
Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Captain Chaos

Honeymooners

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Kalispell, Montana, USA
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Reese
Ham/GMRS Callsign
Honeymooners
I would recommend turning off in Cd'A on to 93 south. Go down to HWY12. Head east and work your way down to Elk City. Take the Magurder Corridor through the Bitterroot wilderness (approx 100miles worth of awesomeness) and come out at Darby, MT. Then head down HWY 93 to Standley, ID. Then down to Twin Falls and over on I 84 to Salt Lake. LOL, Just realized you said April. So bypass Magruder & Elk City. Stay on 12 to LOLO and head south on Hwy 93.

Reactions: chuckoverland