Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Mesquite, NV, USA
First Name
Austin
Last Name
Tressel
Member #

Are there any Inland Northwest Overlanders Interested in Getting together and swapping stories and learning about each others rigs?

Any Ideas on times and locations? This could be a monthly meet.

My Idea for a location would be Barnes and Noble in the Spokane Valley, they have a little Starbucks inside.

Austin

20190921_094622.jpg

Buzzard13

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Mesquite, NV, USA
First Name
Austin
Last Name
Tressel
Member #

I have not been able to get a meet and great organized. I am not sure how anyone organizes anything, because I can not get a group together.
The link worked for me, yet it is an old dead post.
If we want to met with outer like minded folks we will need to keep watching the forums.
I am also moving to Post Falls so that shakes things up for me.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I have not been able to get a meet and great organized. I am not sure how anyone organizes anything, because I can not get a group together.
If we want to met with outer like minded folks we will need to keep watching the forums.
We have a couple members up in Post Falls Area, and trying to get a regular group going in Boise again. DM me so we can discuss this issue further. If people aren’t coming to the meetups then we (the member Reps) need to find out why.

Sandpoint Steve

US NorthWest Region Local Expert
Supporter

Pathfinder III

Sandpoint, Idaho
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Marchiando
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7POE
1. To organize a meet-up,
A. go to the rally point tab and select “Create a new Rally Point” select “Standard Rally Point”.
B. Fill in the page
Pick a time and place you want to meet.
Select a date about 2weeks out. (This will give people time to plan) really no need to go further out than that.
C. You can either send out the announcements using the rally point system, or send me a message with a link to your rally point and I can send out a message to the entire area.

well, I guess “1” solves all those issues.

RyuKyuRvr

Rank V

Enthusiast III

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Makinson
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Sweet looking forward to seeing you again so soon... good times. Good times. Are you bringing one of the classic LRDs?
Probably not, it depends on the weather and the fact neither of the classics have heat, especially the soft top. But you never know!

Reactions: M Rose

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I wouldn’t blame you Chris if you didn’t bring the soft top... after seeing your DD yesterday, I would really like to see others from your collection. I’m not much of a Landrover lover, but the collection you have sounds very interesting to say the least.

I can’t wait for next weekend folks. @KRose and myself are very eager to meet all the rest of you in CDA and surrounding areas. This time we will be bringing our Overlanding rig with us, and not a scale replica like this weekend.

Reactions: Old Griz

Old Griz

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North Idaho
First Name
Bill
Last Name
Clisham
Member #

That puts you roughly in my neighborhood, we are in St. Maries a little SE of CDA.

Old Griz

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North Idaho
First Name
Bill
Last Name
Clisham
Member #

Are you going to Twin Falls Rigs and Food at Paul Bunyan Burgers on Saturday February 29th at 4pm?
No, my wife's Father only has 6 weeks or so to live. We are heading that way in the next couple of days and will be there as long as needed. We are both retired so we don't have to hurry back for work.