Contributor III

Belgium
First Name
Niko
Last Name
Caignie
Member #

Hi,

We are four: Me and my wife and our 2 girls (6-7).
Since our last trip this summer in Sweden & Norway (report here) we don't want to wait another year to the next trip. So we are planning to head to Spain & Portugal for two weeks somewhere in January/February next year.

The idea is to drive from Antwerp (Belgium) to Bordeaux or San Sebastian in one run and then ease our way in to Spain and go a bit with the flow. Hoping it 's a bit warmer there to do some camping. The idea is to make it to Portugal but if not that's not a big deal. The idea is just to wander around, see great places, meet nice people, ride nice tracks and camp in greta spots.
We are not looking for offroad road books to ride, just adventurous dusty roads.

So i'm looking for people who have recommendation or experience in that area of Europe: great camping spots, nice lonely roads, great places to see, ...

thnx!

NotGumby

Local Expert Germany
Investor

Influencer II

Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Vinnie
Member #

Service Branch
Army Veteran 11B 54E
Not much help. I have only done the West Alps in that direction. It’s on our list 2019 or 20 and I’ll be researching soon. I’ll let you know if I come up with anything good. I’m interested in Galicia as well as the Pryenees.

Reactions: Niko Caignie

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Contact me, I have some ideas.

But you have to go to the south. For the warmth.
We visited in the south some spaghetti western cities. Horses, cowboys, indians and shows. Very small, but fun for an aftenoon.
Great drives there.
Some coastal areas are almost abandonned that time of year. So, that is fun.
Sierras is great, mainly, inland is superb when you like driving.

Empe Overland

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Belgium
Member #

Hi,

Since our last trip this summer in Sweden & Norway (report here) we don't want to wait another year to the next trip. So we are planning to head to Spain & Portugal for two weeks somewhere in January/February next year.

The idea is to drive from Antwerp (Belgium) to Bordeaux or San Sebastian in one run and then ease our way in to Spain and go a bit with the flow. Hoping it 's a bit warmer there to do some camping. The idea is to make it to Portugal but if not that's not a big deal. The idea is just to wander around, see great places, meet nice people, ride nice tracks and camp in greta spots.
We are not looking for offroad road books to ride, just adventurous dusty roads.

So i'm looking for people who have recommendation or experience in that area of Europe: great camping spots, nice lonely roads, great places to see, ...

thnx!

Hi!

(English below)

Tof dat er nog gelijkgezinden in de buurt wonen. Wij zijn van Lier.
Dit jaar trekken we ook die kant op en zijn benieuwd naar jullie ervaringen.
Als het jullie moest interesseren, wij hebben nog veel info over de Spaanse Pyreneeën.

Misschien zin om een stuk van de Balkan route samen te doen?

Hopelijk tot gauw!

Travelling with kids (Twins 10 years old) and a dog all over Europe, as much as we can.

Hope to meet you guys out there , can't wait.

You can find us in our Toyota Hilux, KTM enduro or KTM adventure. All equipped to travel.

This year in April you can find us in Kroatia, Serbia, Montenegro and Bosnia.
This summer mid Spain and the south of Portugal.

Always welcome to say hi [emoji6]

You can find us on Instagram empe_overlander_eu_be.

Pierre and Emma.

76_overlander

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Biarritz, France
First Name
Angus
Last Name
LastName
Member #

Hi,

Since our last trip this summer in Sweden & Norway we don't want to wait another year to the next trip. So we are planning to head to Spain & Portugal for two weeks somewhere in January/February next year.

thnx!
Hey Niko, i live in Biarritz, which is only 40 minutes away from San Sebastian and i kinda know the area. Feel free to contact me i have awesome places to visit :)