Investor

Enthusiast I

Eugene, OR, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Barbour
Member #

Are you starting in Union Camp or ending there? It’s a 3+ hour drive to the start form Eugene anyone planning on an overnight?

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Are you starting in Union Camp or ending there? It’s a 3+ hour drive to the start form Eugene anyone planning on an overnight?
We are starting from Union creek campground, well actually its a parking lot right before you go into the campground. I know its a journey from Eugene which is why our meetup time is from 10:30 to 11:30 so as to give you a flexible time to get there without having to leave too early from Eugene. Hope you can make it.

U

UgotWheelz

If I can figure out a sitter for my parent with stage 4 ALZ I could go don't think she would understand the trip or want to stay in car that long. It's a long haul down from PDX. But not allot of local events happening anytime soon.

Reactions: Big G
U

UgotWheelz

If I can figure out a sitter for my parent with stage 4 ALZ I could go don't think she would understand the trip or want to stay in car that long. It's a long haul down from PDX. But not allot of local events happening anytime soon.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I highly encourage you to go, if you can make it. Sending a DM your way.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
You are definitely welcome to join us but it is a long haul for you. Sorry to hear about your parent with ALZ. Hopefully you can find someone to sit with them. Keep me posted.

U

UgotWheelz

I might be able to make it, any chances of expanding event to Sunday, so 1 night camping? It helps me justify the travel time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Big G and M Rose

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
I might be able to make it, any chances of expanding event to Sunday, so 1 night camping? It helps me justify the travel time.
I totally understand the need to justify such a long journey, and , if I didn't have commitments on Sunday morning I would definitely camp Saturday night. I have put out a feeler to see if anyone might be planning on camping are interested in joining with you. Hope to see you Saturday.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
I totally understand the need to justify such a long journey, and , if I didn\'t have commitments on Sunday morning I would definitely camp Saturday night. I have put out a feeler to see if anyone might be planning on camping are interested in joining with you. Hope to see you Saturday.
OK Overland RS, I have had two others say they are interested in camping. They are Chad, @Spectre7599, and Chad @ Mtn Baja. Yes, two Chads. Make contact with them if you want to work out details. Spectre7599 is from Reseberg so maybe teaming up with him to come down is an option. Hope this helpful.

U

UgotWheelz

Parent with ALZ is having some health concerns so not sure I can go and so far not "Qualifed sitter". At this time it's a No, but that could change tomorrow night after we see the doctor.

• Sad

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Parent with ALZ is having some health concerns so not sure I can go and so far not "Qualifed sitter". At this time it's a No, but that could change tomorrow night after we see the doctor.
Sorry to hear your parent is having health issues but can totally understand your need to take care of that. If something changes so that you can come please let me know tomorrow night so Ill be looking for you.

U

UgotWheelz

If it changes to where I could go, I wont have time to change out my wheels and tires as I need to have rims swapped I broke a wheel on a rock. Would any part if this be impassable with Summer performance tires one end of the car? I will have my winter all season (snowflake rated) on the other end. I am AWD with currently a 5.5" ground clearance. I have some different structs and springs that will lift me to 8.5-10" somewhere but can't get them re-installed in time. Probably to much uncertainty to make it out this time with mechanical and Health concerns.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
If it changes to where I could go, I wont have time to change out my wheels and tires as I need to have rims swapped I broke a wheel on a rock. Would any part if this be impassable with Summer performance tires one end of the car? I will have my winter all season (snowflake rated) on the other end. I am AWD with currently a 5.5" ground clearance. I have some different structs and springs that will lift me to 8.5-10" somewhere but can't get them re-installed in time. Probably to much uncertainty to make it out this time with mechanical and Health concerns.
I believe these trails are pretty easy so it shouldn't be a problem. But even if you have a problem there will be plenty of help getting you out of a situation or just a simple tow.