South GA, North FL Area OL

• HTML tutorial

Traveler I

Hi, first off I'm a new member to OB, I drive a 1998 Jeep XJ Classic, 4.oL I6, 4WD with around 265000 on it. I'm a Valdosta State University student and I work a full time job, so I don't have a lot of spare time. That being said I'm looking for other overlanders in the area, and of course local spots to hit some light trails and do some camping! I'm new to the South GA area so I don't know much about the area.

Stone74

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North Little Rock, AR
Member #

I've done some work. 3.5 in lift front, about 4 in the rear without the rear bumper, spare tire, and tire carrier. Full skids underneath, SYE, 31s, 4.10 gears, and on board air for lockers. Lockers coming soon. You?

Sent from my VS995 using OB Talk mobile app

Traveler I

Currently still stock. I'm still taking care of some necessary mechanical work, new rear dif cover-plate gasket, new fuel pump assembly. Looking to get new leaf packs for the rear, and new shocks all around in the near future.

Stone74

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North Little Rock, AR
Member #

Mine did great when it was stock. My brother and I went through it and fixed or replaced any mechanical issues we found. Got to keep it reliable. Just wanted do more and go on harder trails. Look for up country springs (think that's what they're called). Factory option that gives about an inch or so extra lift.

Sent from my VS995 using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Joshua Starling

Chicken Helmet

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Jacksonville, Fl.
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Haning
Member #

Welcome. Just got back from a dual sport ride to Appalachicola National Forest. Plenty of nice trails and camping spots. Not real close but a nice long weekend trip. Hoping to head back over in the Durango early next year.