• HTML tutorial

Eastern Cape Overland

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Cape Hatteras
Member #

With all the private farm land in SENC it is hard to find solitude, I hope these ideas help. Holy Shelter game lands open to driving most of the year and offer gravel, loose sand, and sometimes flooded sections that could hold possibly over a foot of water. Holy shelter is located off HWY17 and streches 48,795 acres over to HWY53. the roads are open Aug31 through march1st. It is open to hunting from sept8 through jan1. Can get wild this time of the year! Wear plenty of blaze orange if you plan to get out of vehicle. The rest of the year is great hiking. Remember that SENC is the only place you can find native wild Venus Fly Traps in the world. There is also a duck impoundment with Kayak and canoe access and a shooting range. Unfortunately there is no camping allowed.

Reactions: Rodneyrdm

Eastern Cape Overland

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Cape Hatteras
Member #

Freeman park: Mile and a half strech of open beach driving with designated camping spots. Located at the north end of carolina beach. 4x4 only , daily pass $30, daily holiday pass $50, annual pass $150, and camping pass $10 a night for reservation april 1st through sept 30. This place gets wild in the summer but winters are great for camping. Most of the year you ca even have pizza delivered to your spot on the beach!

Last edited:
Reactions: Rodneyrdm

Eastern Cape Overland

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Cape Hatteras
Member #

Fort Fisher: Has 4x4 beach access 8-5 daily mar 14 through sept15 , and 24hour sept 15 through march 13. This spot is know for very soft sand steep sections of beach. Fees are $15 weekdays daily, $25 weekend daily , and annual $60. This can be a really fun spot for the family with the Fort Fisher Historical Site and the Fort Fisher aquarium right at the access to the beach. There is no camping here, but Carolina Beach state park is close by with a very nice camp ground .

16rav4_project

Rank IV

Influencer II

Shelby,NC
im from wilmington but live near charlotte now. im glad some what else is looking for places to go offroading in the area. im always looking. have you been in the green swamp in brunswick county?

Nate Martin

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Brandywine, Maryland
Member #

I will need to check these places out the next time I am down that way. I am planning on checking out Brown Mountain in October, but that is more towards west North Carolina.

16rav4_project

Rank IV

Influencer II

Shelby,NC
Just went there at the beginning of the month. A lot of fun. Let us know when you wanna go IG jrivenbark16. Every weekend I'm at exploring just about it seems of at least once a month if I'm busy

Reactions: Nate Martin

Nate Martin

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Brandywine, Maryland
Member #

My wife and I are planning on being in that area from the 15th to the 18th of October. I will let you know! I am new to overlanding so it would be awesome to meet up. My IG is natestinyhouseempire, I sent you a request.

GunDude

Rank V

Influencer II

There is Richland rd near Blowing Rock, NC. I heard there where a lot of no trespassing signs posted by residents that live on either side of road. So, just ray on fs rd and should be a good time. Least it was for me!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Nate Martin

16rav4_project

Rank IV

Influencer II

Shelby,NC
I did Richland back in march. It's a fun road but every month I hear something new about the people who live around it. They want everyone to have a fun time and stay smart and keep the area clean. But after the other week with the jeep rollover and then Right after that huge post by that deputy. I think people are starting to shy away from the place just because they don't want any conflict from the people who live there. But if someone knows what they are doing everything will be fine going down it.