36degreesNorth

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Knoxville, TN, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Sabens
I am working on a dirt and back road route across South Carolina from the Georiga Traverse start point to the Sandhills of SC. While we don't have the BLM or forest service roads of the west we have a lot of back country paved roads and a good amount of dirt roads. The goal is to have a 250-300 mile route that is hopefully at least half dirt roads. Currently in the google maps layout phase and I hope to start actually route mapping this fall. This will be an open source project and please feel free to add in any tips suggestions and comments.

I have a good chunk of the eastern section mapped out between Cheraw and Laurnes SC.

SCtundra

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

mrytle beach
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Rea
Member #

I am working on a dirt and back road route across South Carolina from the Georiga Traverse start point to the Sandhills of SC. While we don't have the BLM or forest service roads of the west we have a lot of back country paved roads and a good amount of dirt roads. The goal is to have a 250-300 mile route that is hopefully at least half dirt roads. Currently in the google maps layout phase and I hope to start actually route mapping this fall. This will be an open source project and please feel free to add in any tips suggestions and comments.

I have a good chunk of the eastern section mapped out between Cheraw and Laurnes SC.

Hey I would love to help with this I’m in the Myrtle beach area and would love to have a long track to ride let me know when you plan on doing this and I’ll help in anyway I can

Anchor Mtn

US Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fruita, Colorado
Member #

I used to know Upstate SC dirt roads like the back of my hand.... but its too long ago now. Clemson alumni!

Just make sure you stop by Gulches ORV Park outside Ware Shoals (Indian Mound Rd) and say Hi to Skip for me.

Reactions: 36degreesNorth

36degreesNorth

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Knoxville, TN, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Sabens
Weather permitting (no rain) I'm going to do some exploration of the eastern side this coming Saturday October 20th. If anyone would like to join drop a message here or PM me.

Aaron Parrish

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Graham, NC, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Parrish
Member #

Weather permitting (no rain) I'm going to do some exploration of the eastern side this coming Saturday October 20th. If anyone would like to join drop a message here or PM me.
Rolling around in my Subaru on the dirt roads. Noticed I should definitely upgrade my tires. Add some mud flaps/rock guards. Let me know where you're headed and I may be down to follow as far as I can.

SCtundra

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

mrytle beach
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Rea
Member #

I will be in Nc but I will post a few roads I have been down. It want be anything to camp on but it will get you off pavement

DerekJeep

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Orange County, CA, USA
First Name
Derek
Last Name
Elb
Member #

Cool to see so many people from SC on here. New to the area and looking to explore!! Let me know if you guys want to make a group trip out of tracking some trails

GunDude

Rank V

Influencer II

I can be a second, third, etc. vehicle at end of 1/19. I live in York, SC. Weekend meet up would be nice! Also interested in Georgia traverse trip from east to west, not all at once.
I have been to Uwharrie about dozen times, Richland rd, Hurricane creek, Lake Howzer, Gulches, outer banks. Want to get more Overlanding than just Wheeling.

Reactions: DerekJeep

SCtundra

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

mrytle beach
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Rea
Member #

I can be a second, third, etc. vehicle at end of 1/19. I live in York, SC. Weekend meet up would be nice! Also interested in Georgia traverse trip from east to west, not all at once.
I have been to Uwharrie about dozen times, Richland rd, Hurricane creek, Lake Howzer, Gulches, outer banks. Want to get more Overlanding than just Wheeling.
We are looking at a trip in December for FM state park. And do you have any maps on Gaia for Uwharrie??

36degreesNorth

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Knoxville, TN, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Sabens
Forgot to post this here but finally starting to explore some of the dirt/sand roads in SC with the goal of creating some sort of mostly dirt route from the coast to the start of the GA traverse.

Reactions: redneckinarav4