Enthusiast III

Oregon
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Moss
Service Branch
USMC
These kind of look like knockoffs/copies of Conqueror trailers with a few design changes. I have a Conqueror UEV490 and can say that it is a well made trailer with many clever design features. It should last us the rest of our lives. I can't speak to the Kavango or Echo trailers, except to say that they have been around a while in South Africa, just not commonly heard of in the U.S. They are probably doing something right. Chobe sounds familiar, but can't place them. I think they may also have been around a while as well, but can't remember anything more.
If you're serious about the trailers, make sure you will be able to get parts and service here in the U.S. and that the dealer is also a service center, not just a dealer who sells them and then you're on your own. Even though there is a Conqueror dealer here in the U.S., we have found him less than helpful for getting parts for ours since we didn't purchase it from him. Great guy to talk with at shows and on the phone when we thought we were going to purchase from him, but after we bought ours used, he hasn't done anything to help us with parts and won't even return emails most of the time. We have had to order parts from Australia or change fittings to use SAE sizes instead of metric. By the way, the issues we have had were all caused by the previous owner's neglect, not things that have broken. Everything that worked when we got it have continued to work flawlessly.

Last edited: