Launch Member

Contributor I

Sonoma County
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Stanford
Member #

Does anyone have any spots they have stopped off and camped for a night off HWY 1, I was going to head up towards Usal Beach from Sonoma County but wanted to see if anyone had a spot on the way they have stayed at.

Arepas

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

USA
Member #

Heading to Usal beach next week, I have made up plan "B" (and C, and D, E...) in case it is packed or I just want to avoid the people there using the app iOverlander, there are several spots to camp along the coast (North and south of usal beach) marked in that app. Take a peek in that app.

PapaStan

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Sonoma County
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Stanford
Member #

I went Thursday to Saturday, it was more crowded than I thought it would be with more cars rolling in Saturday afternoon. Still had a good time though the further out on the sand you can get the better off you’ll be.....the road in is in prime condition I saw some young kids in a Honda Accord pulling in Saturday while I was leaving.

Reactions: Arepas

PapaStan

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Sonoma County
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Stanford
Member #

How was it on Thursday and Friday?
On the beach Thursday probably 12-15 total cars, Friday probably 25 because a group showed up. The back campsite area was totally full Friday when I hiked around noon.

Reactions: Arepas