Someday With My Babies

• HTML tutorial

Netexauto

Rank I

Off-Road Ranger I

Athens, Texas, USA
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF5PQG
Married with 19 mo. old boy/girl twins. Someday I will be going camping with my babies and asking them what they thought of their first whiff of a real country breakfast. Until then I'll be working on building up our overlanding/camping truck, my 2002 F350 SuperDuty w/ 7.3 PSD.
A few things I'll be getting for it:
1...Ford/Donaldson AIS Severe Duty System
2...New sensors: ICP, CMP, IPR, EOT, EBP, ECT, etc.
3...Eaton E-Locker
4...New boots for turbo system
Along with many more Maintenance items and necessary gear for the trips. Any experienced suggestions are always welcomed.

Attachments

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Married with 19 mo. old boy/girl twins. Someday I will be going camping with my babies and asking them what they thought of their first whiff of a real country breakfast. Until then I'll be working on building up our overlanding/camping truck, my 2002 F350 SuperDuty w/ 7.3 PSD.
A few things I'll be getting for it:
1...Ford/Donaldson AIS Severe Duty System
2...New sensors: ICP, CMP, IPR, EOT, EBP, ECT, etc.
3...Eaton E-Locker
4...New boots for turbo system
Along with many more Maintenance items and necessary gear for the trips. Any experienced suggestions are always welcomed.
Hello and welcome to the OB crew....nice looking rig and look forward to seeing your build and your adventures.

Netexauto

Rank I

Off-Road Ranger I

Athens, Texas, USA
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF5PQG
Hello and welcome to the OB crew....nice looking rig and look forward to seeing your build and your adventures.
Chadlyb
Thanks, man.
Already have complete Moog suspension, four Monroe shocks, ICP and CMP sensors with the AIS filter system on the way soon. All I have to do is find the freakin' time!!

Reactions: Chadlyb

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Chadlyb
Thanks, man.
Already have complete Moog suspension, four Monroe shocks, ICP and CMP sensors with the AIS filter system on the way soon. All I have to do is find the freakin' time!!
Nice, I hear you there. Especially juggling life and twins.

MagmaFJ

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor III

NV, USA
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Julicher
Ham/GMRS Callsign
N9RGK
You can’t start too early. Our youngest’s first camping trip was at about 5 months.

Netexauto

Rank I

Off-Road Ranger I

Athens, Texas, USA
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF5PQG
You can’t start too early. Our youngest’s first camping trip was at about 5 months.
Thanks! And I know but preparation and time are premium necessities. Until now a Corolla and a mini van have been our primary modes of travel. Now a gift from my father in law!

Netexauto

Rank I

Off-Road Ranger I

Athens, Texas, USA
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF5PQG
Yeah it can be! Lots I want to do to it including a lot of basic maintenance. Getting my shop re-organized and set up now to accept the truck. It's gonna be fun...expensive...and slow. But so much fun!

Netexauto

Rank I

Off-Road Ranger I

Athens, Texas, USA
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF5PQG
Well, finally got my IPR Valve. Came in from Sinister Diesel a couple of days ago. I now have a new ICP sensor, a new CMP sensor, and now a new IPR, all Ford OEM. The IPR has a Navistar PN on it...oh well. My next purchase for my rig? The Ford Severe Duty AIS, Air Induction System. I'm hoping to get it with this month's paycheck with a new major purchase every month. On my way!

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Welcome from Central Texas. We starting camping with the kids 20+ years ago. Now, it's just down to the youngest one. You will make lots of great memories.

OtherOrb

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Flagstaff, AZ
First Name
Moses
Last Name
H
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE7QIF
Welcome! We took our first long (multi-state) overlanding trip with our spawn at 18 mo. Final destination was Yellowstone. That was stressful. Bear boxes don't really mix well with diapers and bottles and etc. But every other location we camped was wonderful and actually pretty relaxing and enjoyable. We did this in a Toyota minivan, which, in my opinion, is just about the best overlanding vehicle for taking small humans.

Reactions: Netexauto

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Yeah it can be! Lots I want to do to it including a lot of basic maintenance. Getting my shop re-organized and set up now to accept the truck. It's gonna be fun...expensive...and slow. But so much fun!
"Now a gift from my father in law!"
Be glad it was a next to last year 7.3, as it, and the 2003 to mid year change to the 6.0 engine had all the OEM upgrades and improvements. No mater how much the OEM's test and engineer the next generation, they always have teething problems on new models. My 2003, 2500HD 6.6 Duramax, had basically been out for 2 years, yet the now known injector problem was still ongoing. My original set went out at 33,000 miles (under warranty.

Welcome aboard......From Southern Nevada

EDIT:
The best thing he could have done, he did, and that was to change the oil religiously.................very true, and fuel filter!!!. We have a thread on oil somewhere, with lots of info and opinions. For me,....SHELL ROTELA T-6 full synthetic, after using Chevron DELO, and Mobil DELVAC 'Dino' for years. And use a high quality paper filter. No foam, and definitely no gauze on a turbo diesel.

That dual/crew cab will make it so much easier with the young ones, as they grow up. The mileage will vary minimally, as it will hardly know it has a payload in the cab or the bed:sunglasses:

Last edited:
Reactions: Netexauto

Netexauto

Rank I

Off-Road Ranger I

Athens, Texas, USA
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF5PQG
Wow, that sux. And, I am glad it's a 2002, for several reasons. My father in law took as good of care of it as he knew how. Fortunately, the best thing he could have done, he did, and that was to change the oil religiously. Still, lots of normal wear and tear I have to take care of and plenty of upgrades I have to do before I take the family out for any extended traveling.