Rank IV

Influencer II

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Sol
Member #

Ever get camp set up, and you go to turn on some jams, and you cant get fm radio, or wifi? Sure you could play some music stored on your phone, but that just drains the battery.
I looked unsuccessfully for a solution, and decided to just make one!

I scored a Sirius Radio, and purchased the vehicle kit. Mounted it in a aluminum box with some kydex panels. Added a 9ah battery, some usb/12v sockets, volt meter and a switch. The radio is connected to a bluetooth transmitter, so I can pair it with my portable bluetooth speaker. Got a 10w solar panel, and had to fab up a stand, and mount for the charge controller. Slapped on a SAE port and cable and viola!
Portable, Solar powered, bluetooth enabled, Sirus Radio! Took it out camping last weekend, and it worked great. As long as you've got a clear view of the sky, you have music.

I know its not the prettiest thing, but this was more of a prototype/proof of concept. The next build will hopefully look a lot better.

Ill be doing a vid of the set up, with a bit more detail of the build on my youtube soon, if anyone is interested. Link at - www.outdoortxs.com

20201015_172111.jpg20201015_172121.jpg20201015_172130.jpg20201015_172147.jpg20201015_172231.jpg

Reactions: RoarinRow