Solar Panel Wattage

• Guest, You can choose a light or dark theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" botton at the very bottom left of this page!

Joel S

Rank V

Enthusiast I

Canton, MI, USA
Member #

What wattage are you running on your rig? I have a prinsu rack so it’s pretty modular, looking to mount a solar panel for a dual battery setup.

Is the wattage good enough? Do you wish you had more? I’m pretty interested

Reactions: Luis Merlo

Brewbud

Rank I

Traveler I

SoCal
Member #

I run a 100W panel. It will keep up with my ARB 63qt fridge. It will usually have my battery pack charged before 1 pm after a night running the fridge. It would have been nice to have another 100W panel this last weekend. In addition to the fridge, I ran a 250W crockpot for 3 hours. I never ran out of power but I did get my 1000W Lithium battery down below 50%.

Edy Coyote

Rank II

Contributor III

Denver CO
Member #

I'm going to run 140 watts this some. Two panels a 90 and 50. From my research and calculations that should be good. Big power (relatively) draw will be my fridge. I've got the CTek DC to DC setup so its basically plaug and play. I do plan on running a secondary wiring setup to use the panels in conjunction with a solar controller/battery on my tent trailer.

Edy Coyote

Rank II

Contributor III

Denver CO
Member #

Agreed Renogy makes good products. There are trade offs with the different panel types. (Monocrystalline, polycrystalline, amorphous) I run monocrytalline, they seem to be most efficient.