Social Media collabortion

• HTML tutorial

jrbechthold

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Little Elm, Texas
Member #

Hey guys and gals, fellow overlanders...

This morning as I was changing out the cabin filter on my 5th Gen 4Runner, I made a post this morning on Instagram, which was kind of like a PSA - Public Service Announcement.

It got me thinking about the collective experience, power, and ingenuity of this community, and I know a lot of us are on Twitter, IG, Facebook etc...

What do you guys think about using a standard hashtag (#) for overlanding tips and tricks?

#overlandboundPSA ?
#overlandingPSA ?

It would be great to search and find info, and would help give exposure to the community.

I should probably have sent this in a private message to Mike and Corrie, but I figured I would just post it here to see what you guys think. I am sure they will see it eventually.

Anytime you are doing something on your Rig, want to provide a safety tip, quick how-to etc...

Throw it up and add #overlandboundPSA or #overlandingPSA

Thoughts?

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Yes please! Please tag us and refer to us!

I like any reference to Overland Bound, and any sharing of information that helps aspiring overlanders or the community in general.

To that end, either of your suggestions are absolutely fine by us, and we appreciate making folks aware of Overland Bound. It supports our goal of making a world-wide community of overlanders to help and support each other!

We do not like to have the Overland Bound name used for profit. This happens more often than you might think, for example, Selling OB merchandise or creating and Overland Bound group then selling to those members, or posting links to sell products to members of theses forums, etc. With our "brand" we encourage folks to create logo'd items, vehicle stickers, etc. We love it. We have someone doing a vehicle wrap! We just don't want those products to be for resale. We also want to have the right to make sure anything "Overland Bound" hits a certain level of quality.

This is making me realize, we should probably have a FAQ on proper use I can point folks to.

In general, YES! Please tag us!

M

@Corrie

Last edited:

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

Just curious as how one would profit using the Overland Bound name?

I know when we do some tagging and hash tagging we sometimes tag or # overlandbound. I am not social media savvy and don't want to step on toes.

Reactions: jrbechthold

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Just curious as how one would profit using the Overland Bound name?

I know when we do some tagging and hash tagging we sometimes tag or # overlandbound. I am not social media savvy and don't want to step on toes.
I updated my first post to be more clear. In general, YES please do!