Launch Member

Contributor I

Arkansas, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Lenard
Member #

My husband and I are brand new to the world of Overlanding. We are about to purchase a Taco TRD Pro and start the build. We will be doing it slowly as we go and figure out what our style is and what we need to do the things we want. I know there are some things everyone will need right off the bat though so I am very interested in hearing your ideas for what those things are. We would like to do some moderately difficult trails but no serious "rock crawling". Thinking tires rock sliders, and a RRT to start. Anyway I just wanted to introduce myself and any and all tips or suggestions for brand newbies is greatly appreciated! TIA!

Specter

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Northern VA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Pukish
Member #

We are all stoked to have you here! I’m pretty new myself to OB, but you’ll learn quickly that it’s a great resource for your build. With that said, the wisest people here will all offer you the same advice - get out on the trail and let your own experiences guide you in your build. OB is a great place to learn about specific components and this vs. that, but only your own experiences can tell you how to prioritize your build. That’s the fun part anyway!

Most importantly, if you haven’t named your Tacoma yet, please consider “Taco Supreme”. I also wish I had gotten a Taco instead of the 4Runner just so I could have used the name!

Welcome!

Reactions: Chris Lenard

Chris Lenard

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Arkansas, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Lenard
Member #

We are all stoked to have you here! I’m pretty new myself to OB, but you’ll learn quickly that it’s a great resource for your build. With that said, the wisest people here will all offer you the same advice - get out on the trail and let your own experiences guide you in your build. OB is a great place to learn about specific components and this vs. that, but only your own experiences can tell you how to prioritize your build. That’s the fun part anyway!

Most importantly, if you haven’t named your Tacoma yet, please consider “Taco Supreme”. I also wish I had gotten a Taco instead of the 4Runner just so I could have used the name!

Welcome!
OMG! Love that name! Thanks for the welcome and reply. I am looking forward to figuring the build out as we go!

Reactions: Specter