So it begins!

• HTML tutorial

Phil in BK

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hi all! I bought my beautiful tacoma on the 31st and absolutely love this truck. The manual transmission, the cat back exhaust, the heated leather seats... she's my favorite. But in preparation for a trip to Baja in the coming weeks I've started to change a thing or two here and there :). My lovely girl friend and I will be running as support for two motorcyclists in the Baja XL by Bamako Adventures, which will take us all the way from LA to the southern tip of Baja and back. With the two motorcycles needing space in the truck, all our camping gear, all their camping gear and everything else surrounding it the first thing I knew I would need was more space. So off with the factory roof rack and on with the front runner slim line 2 rack. I gotta say this thing is sweet! Tons more space now and having the ability to mount any accessory up there is awesome. The next thing was worrying about airing the tires up and down as we go along, and yeah, and portable air compressor have done, but having one mounted in the engine bay seemed way more convenient. So in the ARB dual compressor. And of course expecting some pretty nasty terrain and not wanting to spend the whole time trying to dig the truck out I decided to upgrade the tires to something a little more aggressive. Up next is mounting the fridge in the bed, getting a couple of small cube lights, and figuring out how to pack this whole thing up for the cross country trip out to LA. And now having heard the weather forecast for this weekend (wintery mix... gross) I am extra excited to get the heck outta Brooklyn for a little bit. :)

Attachments

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hi all! I bought my beautiful tacoma on the 31st and absolutely love this truck. The manual transmission, the cat back exhaust, the heated leather seats... she's my favorite. But in preparation for a trip to Baja in the coming weeks I've started to change a thing or two here and there :). My lovely girl friend and I will be running as support for two motorcyclists in the Baja XL by Bamako Adventures, which will take us all the way from LA to the southern tip of Baja and back. With the two motorcycles needing space in the truck, all our camping gear, all their camping gear and everything else surrounding it the first thing I knew I would need was more space. So off with the factory roof rack and on with the front runner slim line 2 rack. I gotta say this thing is sweet! Tons more space now and having the ability to mount any accessory up there is awesome. The next thing was worrying about airing the tires up and down as we go along, and yeah, and portable air compressor have done, but having one mounted in the engine bay seemed way more convenient. So in the ARB dual compressor. And of course expecting some pretty nasty terrain and not wanting to spend the whole time trying to dig the truck out I decided to upgrade the tires to something a little more aggressive. Up next is mounting the fridge in the bed, getting a couple of small cube lights, and figuring out how to pack this whole thing up for the cross country trip out to LA. And now having heard the weather forecast for this weekend (wintery mix... gross) I am extra excited to get the heck outta Brooklyn for a little bit. :)
Great start on your Rig.