SO I am a CAR guy first and for most.

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

Daryl 32

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Corona, Ca
Member #

This long roof has been sitting in my work area for 18 years or so now. I need the space to work on our OL rig.

So I had two options fix it or sale it - I am FIXING IT!!!!

Was my family car and Kathy's DD from 1991 to early 2000's when it had a few mishaps.

Today it is becoming a BOY TOY!! And I am not going to make any "I'm apologies for it". It is a gas drinking wheel spinning lead slide. :)

And I do need the space to work on our overlanding F250.

closer 14.jpg

closer 18.jpg

closer 10.jpg

closer 11.jpg

redo 8.jpg

Gerry Potter

Rank I

Contributor I

Loveland, CO, USA
First Name
Gerry
Last Name
Potter
This long roof has been sitting in my work area for 18 years or so now. I need the space to work on our OL rig.

So I had two options fix it or sale it - I am FIXING IT!!!!

Was my family car and Kathy's DD from 1991 to early 2000's when it had a few mishaps.

Today it is becoming a BOY TOY!! And I am not going to make any "I'm apologies for it". It is a gas drinking wheel spinning lead slide. :)

And I do need the space to work on our overlanding F250.

View attachment 96025

View attachment 96026

View attachment 96027

View attachment 96028

View attachment 96029
Love those roller rockers and beehive springs!

Reactions: Daryl 32

Dilldog

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Spokane, WA.
First Name
Dillon
Last Name
W
Member #

I always thought it would be cool to build a sleeper station wagon...
As far as the engine goes, is it full roller on the valve train?
This post makes me feel guilty about having not touched my corvette in a long time...

Daryl 32

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Corona, Ca
Member #

Dilldog - the cam is a flat tappet old school 70 Z28 350 horse stick.

Get that vette out and about when your not in the dirt!

Plate is photo shopped :)

rear assembled 3.jpg

rear assembled 2.jpg

The first build finished in 1992

92 build 2.jpg

92 finished.jpg

Dilldog

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Spokane, WA.
First Name
Dillon
Last Name
W
Member #

Yeah Im working on getting the Vette going. Ive only had it since November (an uncle I hardly knew died and gave it to me). But its been sitting for 15 years so the interior is trashed. The engine, trans, and rear diff were all rebuilt before it sat, so mechanically its good, just needs to be prelubed and resealed. It has the classic GM front end settling and cross member issues, so I need to replace the springs and weld up the suspension cross member, rewire it, and give it solid once over. It honestly doesnt need much, for me its finding the time to devote to it. Now that I have a zero ballance on the SnapOn truck I have the money for it, lol.

Fellow Jeeper

Rank V

Influencer II

Latrobe Pa
I want to get back into running at the parking lots. They were good days. Ls2 with cam, intake and tune. M22 muncie with race case and 373 rear gears. Hotchkis suspension full cage. Factory gauges but swapping with autometer when they show up at the door. 17" wheels with big baer brakes. Thinking of getting different set of wheels. They will be 18s though. Then the next step is to tey to find someone that will do a wrap where i live. Want to go back to the original style stipe. Not a huge fan of the stripes on there now. But the l88 hood makes it tuff. 2012-05-05_20-34-17_36.jpegScreenshot_20190610-172830_Chrome.jpegScreenshot_20190602-184354_Chrome.jpeg1974-camaro-z28-white-w-black-stripes-and-black-interior-l82-high-performance-2.JPG

Murphy Slaw

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Southern Illinois
Member #

As a life long gigging musician I was NOT a car guy. I had to haul amps, p.a. systems, speakers and more speakers. I needed vans or pickups with toppers.

However, when Dodge came out with that Magnum station wagon I realized how THAT could work. My wife has always liked station wagons too.

Cool project !

Daryl 32

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Corona, Ca
Member #

Thanks guys for the input, helps me to keep working on it when I have had enough. This car has good amount of our money in and on it along with a fair amount of my skin. :)

FellowJeeper this is our real Auto-x car - 79 BMW 320/6 Gray Market car. Still need to finish the front aero and fenders out.

dyno3.jpg

motorin3.jpg

motorin15.jpg

doors2.jpg

7-16 L.jpg

Here is a fun video a pro took.

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500

Influencer II

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Member #

@Daryl 32 What year is your wagon?

An acquaintance of mine has a 1965 Buick Special station wagon with the 430 engine. It was his parents when it was new, and has been in their family for 54 years now! It was restored in 2010, with the biggest change being a built motor. Bored to 448 CID, and all modern internals, produced 509 HP and 533 Ft/Lbs of torque on an engine dyno.

Biquette in front of a tree without leaves-X5.jpg

Biquette's engine - starboard (2015)-4K.jpg

Engine starboard front -4K.jpg

As noted on here before, I love wagons, and have had a few (1962 Ford Falcon, 1969 FIAT 124, 2002 Subaru WRX, 2008 Subaru Outback.) And those that weren't were hatchbacks and a couple pickups with caps, so... station wagons. :) I'd have a Volvo V90 today if it didn't cost an arm and a leg.

Daryl 32

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Corona, Ca
Member #

@Steve

Ours is a 65 Chevelle, your friends Buick is REALLY Nice!!! Thanks for sharing. I made a 1/10 scale R/C Volvo 850T wagon body as raced by Volvo in the 1995 BTTC. Also had one of the 97 sedans.

850thursss.jpg

BTTC 1.jpg

850 5.jpg

I would like to find an 850 T5R.