Enthusiast III

Baldwin Park, CA, USA
First Name
Ramiro
Last Name
Vargas
Member #

Hi new to the forum.

Bought a retired converted grand caravan from a rental company, a year ago...

I put in over 10,000 miles. Have been able to go camping every 3-4 weeks, have done 3 week long cross country trips.

Not bad for a 210,000 mile van lol

Here are some pictures of how i purchased it. In the last year i have fixed and added on a few things (especially color change lol)

Plan is to do 50% campsites and 50% primitive blm camping.

Will show a thread for fixed solar panel on top of my RTT, 100ah battery storage, lift kit A/T tires, vinyl wrap the whole van, led headlights, usb/ cigarette charging in the roof top tent, powered faucet ect.

Also a budget build, Ishould be 9-10k once the rig is complete.

Last edited:

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi new to the forum.

I put in over 10,000 miles. Have been able to go camping every 3-4 weeks, have done 3 week long cross country trips.

Here are some pictures of how i purchased it. In the last year i have fixed and added on a few things (especially color change lol)

Will show a thread for fixed solar panel on top of my RTT, 100ah battery storage, lift kit A/T tires, vinyl wrap the whole van, led headlights, usb/ cigarette charging in the roof top tent, powered faucet ect.

Welcome to Overland Bound
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) & www.Riggedfordirt.com @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: Bpjr07

Speric

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Santa Rosa, CA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Speric
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SCT
Curious about your set-up like your drawers and bed and rear facing seat, and... lol

Bpjr07

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Baldwin Park, CA, USA
First Name
Ramiro
Last Name
Vargas
Member #

Curious about your set-up like your drawers and bed and rear facing seat, and... lol
The rear facing bench seat is storage under and pulls out to connect to the back oem bench seat to create a bed. Thr roof top ten is autohome maggiolina built to sleep 2 and a child nicely. (Works great for me,my wife and 2 20lbs dogs lol)
The rear is a kitchen, sink and faucet 5 gal fresh 6 gal grey. 40 liter drawer refrigerator

Its basically a tear drop trailer with a engine haha,imagejpeg_0(8).jpg
20200913_182448.jpg

Last edited:

Speric

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Santa Rosa, CA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Speric
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SCT
The rear facing bench seat is storage under and pulls out to connect to the back oem bench seat to create a bed. Thr roof top ten is autohome maggiolina built to sleep 2 and a child nicely. (Works great for me,my wife and 2 20lbs dogs lol)
The rear is a kitchen, sink and faucet 5 gal fresh 6 gal grey. 40 liter drawer refrigerator

Its basically a tear drop trailer with a engine haha,View attachment 214122
View attachment 214120
Where did you get the kitchen shelving and the rear seat? Are they the same manufacturer?

Bpjr07

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Baldwin Park, CA, USA
First Name
Ramiro
Last Name
Vargas
Member #

Thry are all built in house by the rental van company. Specifically for the grand caravan. Never seen it on sale anywhere else. Check out jucy campervans they went out of buisness in usa.

Reactions: Speric

Speric

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Santa Rosa, CA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Speric
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SCT
Thry are all built in house by the rental van company. Specifically for the grand caravan. Never seen it on sale anywhere else. Check out jucy campervans they went out of buisness in usa.
I looked them up. Those are nice little set-ups. Good find.

Reactions: Bpjr07

Michael Golden

Rank VI

Explorer I

Tampa Fl
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Golden
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4BCN
Service Branch
U.S. Army
Hi new to the forum.

Welcome to the Overland Bound Community.