Launch Member

Influencer I

End of the Oregon Trail
First Name
Joel
Last Name
La Follette
Member #

Here in the Portland area life as we know it has come to a screeching halt with the snow fall. If you don't have to work today, or if you can get out of it for a little while, call your local Meals on Wheels chapter and volunteer.... They can always use folks with 4wheel drive on days like this.

Be well, be safe.

@BillyBadly @Mottotaco @LawnDart @The_Just @pdxplorer15 Pass the word!

raundhaus

Rank III

Advocate II

Good to know! Having grown up in Portland I know how even a small amount of snow can stop everything. Now living in the central part of the state, folks are a little better equipped. However, I do know several folks still in the area with 4wd vehicles I will encourage to help out.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using OB Talk mobile app

Billy "Poserlander" Badly

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

PDX, OR, USA
Member #

Good idea, though make sure you are prepared with chains and, if possible, traction pads. Chains are now required to be in use by all vehicles in Portland- not studs, not chains in the back in case you need them, but actually on the tires.

I've busied myself this morning freeing stuck folks on the road outside my house with my Escaper Buddies and snow shovel.

On that note, my Maxsa Innovations Escaper Buddies have worked wonders thus far!

NWNavigator

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

End of the Oregon Trail
First Name
Joel
Last Name
La Follette
Member #

I live on a hill and the road to my house is closed. I take that as an advisory closure. Chained up the runner and went down to check on my shop. Then delivered a camp heater to my Dad who is without power at the moment. Checked in on all the neighbors. Checked in on the mother-in-law. Now to take some folks to lunch and get them warmed up. Really should be working on my newsletter, but too much fun driving around helping snowbound folks. Be safe...