Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Merced, CA, USA
First Name
Cole
Last Name
Calos
Member #

Am very interested to come but I don’t have the complete gear.
-no ham only CB
-No winch - I’ll get a recovery board before the date
-Full size truck with no lockers
Please let me know if I’m qualified to come with this handicaps

BettyWhiteOneSeven

Rank VI
Launch Member

Contributor III

Modesto, CA, USA
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Fernandez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6QFD
Am very interested to come but I don’t have the complete gear.
-no ham only CB
-No winch - I’ll get a recovery board before the date
-Full size truck with no lockers
Please let me know if I’m qualified to come with this handicaps
I have a spare radio you can at least listen on.

Recovery board is always a good idea, I don’t have a winch either, just gonna count on the person behind me to pull me backwards. Lol.

The trails are big enough for a full size truck, my buddy I go with to this area has a full sized GMC.

My only experience in snow driving so far has been in a 2wd truck, so open diff 4x4 is still better than that and I’m hoping there’ll be enough people interested to keep us all out of trouble. And then again, we won’t know our limits till we get to them. So I think that should be fine.

We have almost two weeks of dry weather coming up so it may even be all gone by the time we get up there. I’ll keep an eye on the NOAA charts of where the snow is.

Cole1228

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Merced, CA, USA
First Name
Cole
Last Name
Calos
Member #

I have a spare radio you can at least listen on.

Recovery board is always a good idea, I don’t have a winch either, just gonna count on the person behind me to pull me backwards. Lol.

The trails are big enough for a full size truck, my buddy I go with to this area has a full sized GMC.

My only experience in snow driving so far has been in a 2wd truck, so open diff 4x4 is still better than that and I’m hoping there’ll be enough people interested to keep us all out of trouble. And then again, we won’t know our limits till we get to them. So I think that should be fine.

We have almost two weeks of dry weather coming up so it may even be all gone by the time we get up there. I’ll keep an eye on the NOAA charts of where the snow is.
Thank you, I’ll come then.

Reactions: BettyWhiteOneSeven

r2fasani

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Ripon, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Fasani
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZZQ
Checking to see if I can make it. No winch, no boards, and no recovery gear. I know, I know... Still saving for the straps, etc.! But a Jeep JKUR and can air down.

BettyWhiteOneSeven

Rank VI
Launch Member

Contributor III

Modesto, CA, USA
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Fernandez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6QFD
Checking to see if I can make it. No winch, no boards, and no recovery gear. I know, I know... Still saving for the straps, etc.! But a Jeep JKUR and can air down.
There’s at least 2 RSVPd so you’ve at least got someone to attach a tow strap to. Lol. And according to my NOAA charts, the snow has already dramatically drawn back so there might not even by snow by the time the day comes. But, we’ll see. It’ll still be a good time and an overnighter at least.

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Welllll what you really need is 5 quarts of oil, a spare axel, and O rings if your cyclinder gives out.....if you’re bringing the JKUR :laughing:

MK Crawler

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Modesto Caiforna
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Kirkpatrick
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6HWF
JKUR will be fine. Air down and turn on the lockers

BettyWhiteOneSeven

Rank VI
Launch Member

Contributor III

Modesto, CA, USA
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Fernandez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6QFD
According to my NOAA charts, snow is receding dramatically. We may have to go on the hunt for some. I’ll update here when the next system comes through next week with how snow levels look. There was snow everywhere the day I wrote this up. If anything, it’ll still be a great off roaring trip none the less!!

Reactions: PapaDave

YJ Dan

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Merced, CA, USA
First Name
Dan
Last Name
McComb
Member #

The trip sounds great! When do you think things will wrap up on Sunday and head back home?

BettyWhiteOneSeven

Rank VI
Launch Member

Contributor III

Modesto, CA, USA
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Fernandez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6QFD
The trip sounds great! When do you think things will wrap up on Sunday and head back home?
Wrap up will be whenever you want. I’m gonna be up and on heading out by 0800 if not earlier because I have to work Sunday. You can leave early as well of if anyone else wants to stay you can explore more.

YJ Dan

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Merced, CA, USA
First Name
Dan
Last Name
McComb
Member #

Wrap up will be whenever you want. I’m gonna be up and on heading out by 0800 if not earlier because I have to work Sunday. You can leave early as well of if anyone else wants to stay you can explore more.
Sounds good, I should be able to make it. I do have a winch and recovery gear. lol. Also where are folks meeting up at?

bootjacker

Rank 0

Contributor I

Bootjack, CA, USA
First Name
Stanley
Last Name
Boyer
Member #

I was up in this area last week. Not really any snow to speak of between Hiway 49 and Hiway 120. I can't attend, we have our Mariposa Lions Annual Crab Feed, Saturday. Looks like the weather should be great for an outing. Have a great time,..........

Reactions: BettyWhiteOneSeven

BettyWhiteOneSeven

Rank VI
Launch Member

Contributor III

Modesto, CA, USA
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Fernandez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6QFD
I was up in this area last week. Not really any snow to speak of between Hiway 49 and Hiway 120. I can't attend, we have our Mariposa Lions Annual Crab Feed, Saturday. Looks like the weather should be great for an outing. Have a great time,..........
Thank you so much for the snow report. I appreciate it.

beck4u

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

Patterson, CA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Becker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6JAG
Sorry Tony, not gonna be able to make this one. Have fun!

JJTaco13

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Madera, CA
First Name
Jesus
Last Name
Ortiz
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZZK