Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central Texas
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Braden
Member #

Would you mind sharing a link? I have a 4runner so this would be nice.
I bought them from here. I don't have a direct link to the part number, I did a quick search on their site and didn't see them listed. :( You might have better luck finding them. I just bought a 2 pack of them and they fit perfect and didn't have any issues.

Reactions: DBG

Heartland Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Gretna, NE, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Talley
Member #

Worked on a good bit during the couple months that I have had the trailer. Thinking next will be to mount a 5 lb Propane bottle and a 270 degree awning. Will also change out the tires to match the Jeep so it will have 35"s on it, that will give me 2 matching spares. Have taken it out a couple times and made some small changes, next trip will be for a month long and over 7000 miles.

Attachments

DBG

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kamuela, Hawaii County, Hawaii, United States
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Ackerman
Member #

I am getting ready to mount up my Overland Vehicle Systems 270 awning. I previously had a Rhino Rack Batwing 270 but have since sold it in lieu of the OVS Nomadic. I did mount a 1lb propane tank and it is so much better than those green bottles. They say it’s equivalent to 6 green ones. The tank has lasted 12 nights of camping without refilling..... for $3.50!!!! 2CCA57A2-C6ED-40B0-8041-EC74179DB13A.jpeg02ED7EDD-9634-4422-ACD5-76E0D7A67A78.jpeg2CFF6549-2537-4462-B46E-33407AD50B5F.jpeg2CCA57A2-C6ED-40B0-8041-EC74179DB13A.jpeg02ED7EDD-9634-4422-ACD5-76E0D7A67A78.jpeg712A7012-B1FE-4505-80FD-11290726149F.jpeg2CFF6549-2537-4462-B46E-33407AD50B5F.jpeg

Heartland Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Gretna, NE, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Talley
Member #

I am getting ready to mount up my Overland Vehicle Systems 270 awning. I previously had a Rhino Rack Batwing 270 but have since sold it in lieu of the OVS Nomadic. I did mount a 1lb propane tank and it is so much better than those green bottles. They say it’s equivalent to 6 green ones. The tank has lasted 12 nights of camping without refilling..... for $3.50!!!!

How are you like that OVS awning?

mep1811

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

El Paso, Texas
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Perez
I'm selling my Smittybilt fully equipped. with battery, RTT, Road Shower, water tank ARB fridge and more.

brian0128

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Glen Burnie, Maryland
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Ogle
Member #

It’s not mounted yet. However, the ones I have seen mounted are great. The price is great too!! ~$850
I'm considering the same awning for my Manley. How did you mount your power connection for the refrigerator? Is it hard wired or use the 12V wiring kit you can get from the fridge companies?

DBG

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kamuela, Hawaii County, Hawaii, United States
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Ackerman
Member #

I'm considering the same awning for my Manley. How did you mount your power connection for the refrigerator? Is it hard wired or use the 12V wiring kit you can get from the fridge companies?
I am running a Dometic fridge and Dometic LiFePH PLB-40 battery. Very happy with it. Will provide enough juice for a couple days. Has built in solar controller as well. Very clean, small and simple. I have so it charges while driving off the 7 pin. I’ll post pics once I’m back from PV!!

Reactions: blackiestone

blackiestone

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Eureka, CA, USA
First Name
Laura
Last Name
Manzanilla
Member #

We just picked up our customized SmittyBilt Trailer. We talked alot about doing the work ourselves, but neither of us are great at the electrical pieces and ... heck we have day jobs. So we reached out to Habitat Offroad in Allen Texas after watching his custom build walk through on Youtube. We wanted a few extra custom addition: Iron man shower enclosure with swing out arm. 27 gallon water tank with skid plate, and rock, task and interior lighting. Ryan does a quality job. Any request we had, Ryan had a great solution for. We so appreciate the intelligent design put into our pull out kitchen adding in a dometic sink with water hookup and an extended prep table. We were pretty apprehensive about this project since this is all new to us, but Ryan was great to work with and super happy with how clean the build is. We put our iKamper tent on top and the ARB fridge in the back. Towing this rig with our Tacoma with upgraded 33in and gear and shock adjustments. Now once we have a few days we're taking it on a maiden voyage. Our goal is to do an extended walkabout with this rig.

Attaching still photos. check out my attempt at making them a video here: If you are in the south bay and want to check it out let me know and we can let you see whazzzzup.

Attachments