Slow but sure Tacoma build

• HTML tutorial

BakeJurgess

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

Well, I recently sold my Jeep. So now what?

Here's what;IMG_20170226_181706_324.jpg
2002 Tacoma double cab. 4x4 with a locker. Lifted 3" sitting on 31s. I'm planning on eventually getting 33s and replacing the budget boost with an actual lift. I've got rock sliders in the works, just collecting materials at the moment. I'm also planning on doing a mesh grill with leds behind it and a diy winch bumper kit. Also, all the overlandish stuff. Oba, some sort of camper, etc.

So there it is. The beginning of my new build.

BakeJurgess

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

That'll keep you busy for a while......
Yes it will. Lol parts for this truck are so much more expensive than for my Jeep.

After some thought, I might just keep the budget boost for cheaper/easier to find replacement suspension parts.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

BakeJurgess

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

These puppies came in today! Super stoked to be an official member.

I had a minute to go and pick out a spot to put them, but I just couldn't find a flat spot that I liked. Where did you guys put yours?

Justin Forrest

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Shoreline, Wa
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Forrest
Member #

I was totally gonna post that you should buy a Tacoma! Love those first gen Double cabs. Although I would suggest at least put some Bilstein's 5100's. They are so much nicer than the 4600's.

BakeJurgess

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

I was totally gonna post that you should buy a Tacoma! Love those first gen Double cabs. Although I would suggest at least put some Bilstein's 5100's. They are so much nicer than the 4600's.
Thanks for the suggestion! I'll look into them.

BakeJurgess

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

Started on a switch panel design tonight.

The circle on the left is for a viair gauge and the rectangles represent toggle switches.

I'm gonna get rid of those two cigarette lighter plugs and put one in somewhere else later on.

I'm planning on cutting my paper template out of aluminum to cover up all the holes that are there right now.

BakeJurgess

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

Something unexpected came up that used up most of my bumper money so the bumper was pushed back a week.

Cam_Cam_Tech

Rank VI

Pathfinder III

Pleasant Hill, CA
First Name
Camilo
Last Name
Sanchez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6QLZ
From a budget friendly kit I'd say run a Toytec boss kit. From a let's hit some stuff at speed King shocks [emoji1417]

@cam_toyota_tech

BakeJurgess

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

From a budget friendly kit I'd say run a Toytec boss kit. From a let's hit some stuff at speed King shocks [emoji1417]

@cam_toyota_tech
For right now I'm thinking about just keeping the stock shocks and getting some old man emu 883 coils to keep it level once I get my bumper put on. Then possibly later I'll change out the shocks. I'm not planning on hitting stuff at speed.

roamingram44

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Bowling green ky
Member #

For right now I'm thinking about just keeping the stock shocks and getting some old man emu 883 coils to keep it level once I get my bumper put on. Then possibly later I'll change out the shocks. I'm not planning on hitting stuff at speed.

What about the bilstien 5100s for the price they are hard to beat

Member #4113

BakeJurgess

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

Reactions: bajatacoguy

BakeJurgess

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

So I totally forgot somehow to update this thread, but I built a rear bumper for it. 1.5x1.5x3/16 square tubing and a piece of diamond plate I found in my grandpa's scrap pile.

Also found a piece of seed screen that I turned into a mesh grill.

I'm finally ordering the front bumper too. [emoji4]