Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Manteca, CA, USA
First Name
Arsh
Last Name
Khosa
Member #

Hello all, I'm planning on doing the Slick Rock trail this coming weekend on 6/27 from Lake Alpine down to Utica Reservoir. It's rated hard but going down I think it will be a little bit easier. I'm going with few friends but just one car and will camp at Utica on Saturday night.

let me know if anybody would like to join, we will be at the trail head at 10 am. (38.477275, -120.008083)

slomatt

Rank V

Influencer I

Bay Area, CA
In the "old days" before the lake Alpine side was rerouted I always found the trail easier to run from South to North. That direction has you going downhill on the main obstacle a mile or two in. That said, I have yet to drive all of the rerouted section and that might in fact be easier North to South.

Reactions: arsh510

arsh510

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Manteca, CA, USA
First Name
Arsh
Last Name
Khosa
Member #

In the "old days" before the lake Alpine side was rerouted I always found the trail easier to run from South to North. That direction has you going downhill on the main obstacle a mile or two in. That said, I have yet to drive all of the rerouted section and that might in fact be easier North to South.
Yes, at the new section gauntlet is the hardest part but me being on 33's and without lockers, I'm not trying to go uphill there :sweatsmile:

Reactions: slomatt

fly boy

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Marin County
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Mazzon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BIF
I doubt if you were able to make it down the gauntlet with 33" tires. If you did congratulations. Any pictures?