SKYCAMP Kickstarter Campaign just kicked off!

• HTML tutorial

Obi-Juan

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Southern California - San Fernando Valley
First Name
John
Last Name
Lechuga
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5JKL
Not sure if anyone is has been eyeballing these expandable hard shell RTT's being produced by iKamperUS, Inc. But if you are, you have just 9 hours to get in on the early bird special of just $1995 for the Skycamp unit, add-ons are extra. Looks like they still have some that include free Los Angeles pickup in July. Too rich for my blood, but I thought some OB folks might be interested. Enjoy!

Also more details and specs available on their website at: http://www.ikamper.com/

Last edited:

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

This company was actually at overland expo in 2015. I was really impressed with this tent. It was not out when I needed to buy so I bought my cvt, which I love, but has this been out it would have been a serious contender. I have seen one and they are sweet.

Sent from my LG-H810 using OB Talk mobile app

ttephotos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Izmir, Turkey
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Tucker
Member #

@ttephotos - sorry, I'm not a good judge of the safety question. I'm just diving into the RTT approach. Perhaps someone more seasoned around here can help.
No worries in the same boat, trying to avoid the look and costs of a gobi rack but wondering if I will need that full roof rack to rock a RTT, Other than this one the ALUCABs really peak my interests

Reactions: ClearwaterScott

LostInSocal

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chino Hills, CA, US
Member #

Anyone have an update on the Skykamp? I didn't take the plunge with Kickstarter partly because it was (is) a new product and the price is steep to be a guinea pig.
I'm digging the hard shell design and usable space. It appears from their videos you can pretty much stow all your sleep gear when packing up. The removable / interchangeable tent is a huge plus also. Not liking the fact that the entire roof rack would be made unusable with this thing on top, so everything else would have to go inside the rig.

Reactions: Fitz

Obi-Juan

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Southern California - San Fernando Valley
First Name
John
Last Name
Lechuga
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5JKL
Anyone have an update on the Skykamp? I didn't take the plunge with Kickstarter partly because it was (is) a new product and the price is steep to be a guinea pig.
I'm digging the hard shell design and usable space. It appears from their videos you can pretty much stow all your sleep gear when packing up. The removable / interchangeable tent is a huge plus also. Not liking the fact that the entire roof rack would be made unusable with this thing on top, so everything else would have to go inside the rig.
I didn't have the extra cash on hand at the time of the Kickstarter. But here is a recent video of an owner that did pickup one...

LostInSocal

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chino Hills, CA, US
Member #

I didn't have the extra cash on hand at the time of the Kickstarter. But here is a recent video of an owner that did pickup one...
I have seen that video. It's a nice introduction to the RTT and its configurations / accessories but no details. Guess the RTT is too new to really get any usable reviews. Thanks for the share though.

shoredreamer

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Santa Cruz
First Name
Chris
Last Name
RRU
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6AZV
I talked with the owner at Expo for a while and my buddy ordered one while we were there, I think first shipments should be coming soon according to him.

ttephotos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Izmir, Turkey
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Tucker
Member #

I dig it but it is just a hair more than what I need. Alu-Cabs Expedition 3 has stolen my heart hahah

LostInSocal

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chino Hills, CA, US
Member #

This would be a great size for my family of three, and the hard shell is definitely a plus for me. At 150 pounds though, it's no minor task to get it off the rig, and leaving it on semi-permanently is not an option.

Their site says orders are shipping in September.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk