Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Newtown, PA, USA
First Name
Ed
Last Name
Wabals
Member #

I think the Skottle is a bit too low for me, I am 6'3" and I just feel way too bent over. Does anyone have any ideas on how to make this thing higher, has anyone come up with their own solution, pics would be great?

Thank you

Padams7

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Hey Bum! The only thing I am thinking of doing is possibly some 5” leg extensions made out of tubing with a locking “trailer pin”. It would be 3 more bars, about 9” long. Haven’t gotten to that point yet though.

Reactions: Surffishingbum

AppalachianGoat

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Dillsburg, PA, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
XXXX
Service Branch
USN
No weld version: buy slightly larger diameter pipe, drill two holes into one end, run a stainless bolt through it to act as a stopper. That way you can customize it as you want.
weld version: buy pipe and butt weld it to the feet.

or don’t buy the extremely over priced skottle and due the exact same with a wok and burner for 1/10 the price.

Surffishingbum

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Newtown, PA, USA
First Name
Ed
Last Name
Wabals
Member #

No weld version: buy slightly larger diameter pipe, drill two holes into one end, run a stainless bolt through it to act as a stopper. That way you can customize it as you want.
weld version: buy pipe and butt weld it to the feet.

or don’t buy the extremely over priced skottle and due the exact same with a wok and burner for 1/10 the price.

Thanks for the suggestions, and too late, I already purchased the extremely overpriced Skottle. :smile:

Surffishingbum

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Newtown, PA, USA
First Name
Ed
Last Name
Wabals
Member #

Hey Bum! The only thing I am thinking of doing is possibly some 5” leg extensions made out of tubing with a locking “trailer pin”. It would be 3 more bars, about 9” long. Haven’t gotten to that point yet though.
Thank you for the suggestions and I will be trying both to see what works. When I do it I will take some pics to share

Truckee

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Bay Area, CA
Do you have the original Skottle with fixed legs or the newer version with the adjustable legs (up to 36")?

Reactions: M Rose