Rocky Mountain Silver Island Mountain Loop-Utah - 01/12/2019

• You may have noticed, things have changed round here! If you would like more information about the recent changes, please visit this post:

Software & Migration Update

• Guest, Did you know you can change the look of your Overland Bound forums? At the bottom of this page look for the Style Chooser! All previous and new light and dark themes are available. Pick something you like!

Ron W.

Rank V

Advocate III

Draper, UT, USA
Member #

This is a one day trip, on January 12, 2019, to the Silver Island Mountains just north of the Bonneville Salt Flats. We can also do the Wendover to Lucin trail. The SIM Loop is approx. 50 miles long. Wendover to Lucin is 55 miles (one way). We can decide which one, or both, at meet up. Meet up is at a Sinclair gas station, exit 4 on I-80. This is about 4 miles east of Wendover. We can meet at 9 am.

View Rally Points
Reactions: Kent R

Ron W.

Rank V

Advocate III

Draper, UT, USA
Member #

For some reason it is showing the start point as Greenhaven, UT and the coordinates are probably incorrect as well. The start point is Sinclair truck stop, I-80 exit 4 north side of interstate.

Ron W.

Rank V

Advocate III

Draper, UT, USA
Member #

Ron, I hope you don't mind that I put a link for the rally point on the FB page.
Ron, I hope you don’t mind that I put a link for the rally point on the FB page

Didn't know you can do that, thanks. Will you be able to make it?

Knitron

Rank V

Advocate III

Clearfield, UT
Member #

Ham Callsign
KJ7EBG
I'm hoping to be there. We went to Death Valley over Christmas and had some trail carnage. Snapped the rear axle. Got a used rear end assembly and got the rig home but it needs work to bring it back up to par, plus a full check up on the rig, front end is making extra noise. If I can get it all done in time I'm in.

Jtr785

Rank III

Traveler II

Ogden, Utah
Member #

I'm hoping to be there. We went to Death Valley over Christmas and had some trail carnage. Snapped the rear axle. Got a used rear end assembly and got the rig home but it needs work to bring it back up to par, plus a full check up on the rig, front end is making extra noise. If I can get it all done in time I'm in.
Your running a 10 bolt, right? Was it just the shaft?

Knitron

Rank V

Advocate III

Clearfield, UT
Member #

Ham Callsign
KJ7EBG
Your running a 10 bolt, right? Was it just the shaft?
Yeah the 10 bolt. The shaft broke at the spline, we never opened it up so see if there was any other damage but with the weekend and the holiday it was faster to get the axle assembly than it was to just get a new shaft, about the same cost as well.

Reactions: Jtr785

Knitron

Rank V

Advocate III

Clearfield, UT
Member #

Ham Callsign
KJ7EBG
Rig update. Checked the over the rig yesterday. Found a broken rear shock banging around so I need to get that replaced. Replaced the parking brake cable. I need to replace the yoke input shaft seal and a new gasket on the diff cover. Hopefully I can get it done in time to come.

Jtr785

Rank III

Traveler II

Ogden, Utah
Member #

Rig update. Checked the over the rig yesterday. Found a broken rear shock banging around so I need to get that replaced. Replaced the parking brake cable. I need to replace the yoke input shaft seal and a new gasket on the diff cover. Hopefully I can get it done in time to come.
Do you need a rolling toque wrench to put your yoke back on?