Short escape!

• HTML tutorial

JPZimbo

Rank 0

Contributor II

Had a couple of hours to get out in between the busyness of life.
We used the same spot over 5yrs back as an evening braai spot.
Get off the E611 Sharjah bound abeam lamppost 202! (7HQQ4C7J+FF -copy paste to google)
Empty road network leads to a fence & then break off right or left as you choose.
The sand has lots of shrubs growing & is mostly firm even without any recent rains. No tyre deflation required and we just meandered for a gentle ramble.
Had coffee & some cold meats for a lunchtime snack. Saw a handful of gazelle in the scrub & lots of camels.
Peaceful & generally litter free.
Nothing too exciting but was easy and quick to get out!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Had a couple of hours to get out in between the busyness of life.
We used the same spot over 5yrs back as an evening braai spot.
Get off the E611 Sharjah bound abeam lamppost 202! (7HQQ4C7J+FF -copy paste to google)
Empty road network leads to a fence & then break off right or left as you choose.
The sand has lots of shrubs growing & is mostly firm even without any recent rains. No tyre deflation required and we just meandered for a gentle ramble.
Had coffee & some cold meats for a lunchtime snack. Saw a handful of gazelle in the scrub & lots of camels.
Peaceful & generally litter free.
Nothing too exciting but was easy and quick to get out!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
WOW! I want to track this route on Google Earth! Love the Camel. Does it belong to the landowner? Why is there a hobbled camel in the middle of nowhere? I gotta know!

M

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
WOW! I want to track this route on Google Earth! Love the Camel. Does it belong to the landowner? Why is there a hobbled camel in the middle of nowhere? I gotta know!

M
From my travels I learnt that they hobble the camels to stop them wandering off too far.
In the Royal Navy to many years ago sometime in the late 80's we used to go wadi bashing near Dubai. Absolutely great fun. Would love to go back and do more now in my own Land Rover.

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk