Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Carlos, CA, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Layhe
Member #

I will be upgrading my suspensions and tires and am looking for a reputable shop in the SF bay area to do the work. Recommendations welcomed as well as places to avoid. Preferably, on the peninsula.

CalTexMex

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Fremont, Ca
Member #

8C363889-7D68-402A-AA41-3A71331F0461.jpeg BD4E9E73-18A9-425F-82CC-22429E331936.png I had my bumpers and suspension done at All-Terrain Fabrication in Livermore. Chris and his guys are legit and can make anything you want. My bumpers are a one off design and my suspension is tuned for the specifics of the rig. Honest place that doesn’t try to up sell you.

JayRock

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Carlos, CA, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Layhe
Member #

Holy schnikes batman, largest image every:) Thanks for the recommendation although it is a bit out of my way. I might still check them out, thanks.

94Cruiser

Rank VI
Launch Member

Explorer I

Suisun City, California
Member #

I will be upgrading my suspensions and tires and am looking for a reputable shop in the SF bay area to do the work. Recommendations welcomed as well as places to avoid. Preferably, on the peninsula.
Gary of Mudrak in Sonoma has been doing this kind of work for a very long time.

Plus is a nice drive!

Sent from my SM-G920T using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Hamdog

Cam_Cam_Tech

Rank VI

Pathfinder III

Pleasant Hill, CA
First Name
Camilo
Last Name
Sanchez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6QLZ
What kind of vehicle, model, year, do you have and what lift brand and type are you looking into? Would help narrow down some shops. Some are more fabrication oriented and some are maintenance and installation shops.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

JayRock

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Carlos, CA, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Layhe
Member #

Sure thing, This is for a 2014 4runner Trail with KDSS

1) Suspension - Bilstein 6112, 5160 combination with Sway-A-Way 1.5-inch rear spring built by Eibach.

2) Wheels - Might keep my stock trail wheels but I do like the ATX 202 bronze or the TRD Pro Wheels (Black).

3) Tires - BF Goodrich KO2 AT. Still don't know if I want the LT265/70R17 or the LT275/70R17. I do like the 285's but don't want to mess with the geometry of the vehicle or have rubbing issues. Also gas mileage as this is my daily driver and I will not be doing anything crazy in the immediate future.

I am still reading dozens of threads and catching up on component selection and modifications. I heard about a deal on Bilstein TRD Pro suspension kit on sale which sounds like a smoking deal...just not adjustable?

Reactions: Cam_Cam_Tech

SkweekyXJ

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Livermore, CA, USA
First Name
Edmund
Last Name
S
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6GUN
Another vote for Livermore, there is both the 4X4 shop, as well as the AT Fab, depending on what you need done. I've gotten all my suspensions components from the 4X4 shop there and been very pleased with what they're doing. Between the two shops there isn't likely much that can't be done.

Cam_Cam_Tech

Rank VI

Pathfinder III

Pleasant Hill, CA
First Name
Camilo
Last Name
Sanchez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6QLZ
We can do most installs here at Top Shop in lafayette, I've primarily have focused on Toyota and Jeep over the years, just bring your own parts. Also can recommend a shop in Concord that will do installs as well.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Joseph Ilmberger

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

I would strongly recommend the 4X4 shop in livermore. Joe (owner) is an awesome dude that stands behind his work. He is super busy at the moment so there might be a bit of a waiting period.