Rank V

Advocate I

Alpine, CA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Jacques
Member #

Is that Louisiana to Minnesota ? If so you would be surprised. I was looking at a trailer in Florida & I live in San Diego Ca. & shipping on a trailer was around $1000. Just my 2 cents if this helps.

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Catalina Avenue, Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
I used to haul vehicles on UShip. Did it for 3 years - 345 vehicles. You should be able to find a good transporter on there. Make sure that he/she has commercial insurance and some excellent reviews. I did not see what you are trying to ship, but if it's a vehicle expect to pay $0.55 - $1.00 per mile. The larger the item the more expensive. People with single car trailers offer door to door service, large haulers offer parking lot to parking lot service. So keep that in mind especially if what you are having delivered does not run. Do not pay up front - there are many scammers out there that will ask for money up front. I never did and always ask for payment upon delivery.

J-No

Rank 0

Traveler I

MN
Thanks all.

It is from Los Angeles, CA to MN. Trailer— 13 ft long, 6 ft 2 in wide, 4 ft tall.

Cost of trailer is $4200.

1500 miles.

I’ll check Uship

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
Some transporters will ask if they can use your trailer during the trip to haul stuff on it and then give you a break on the cost of transporting it. Flatbed trailer should be even cheaper than I previously posted as those prices are for a vehicle. Good luck with your shipment.

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
Way too much money. Has anyone asked to use the trailer while making the delivery? It should only be about $700 - $800. Now if I was putting your trailer up on mine then I would charge that much.

John Lime III

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Anchorage, AK
First Name
John
Last Name
Lime III
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KL4OF
Just a thought, a group on FB I was a part of had people driving to/from Alaska often. They would offer to bring items up or take down to the states as room in their vehicles/trailers permitted. It was a local diesel truck clubs page. I'd look at your local (either location) car/truck clubs. Or ask on here if anyone's going that direction. Personally, if I was going to be driving that way anyways, and could pull it, I'd offer for just a portion of the fuel cost. If you do this, get a lease agreement type letter stating both parties names, I'd numbers and contact info as well as the item transported info and to/from addresses. That way it's covered in case of some issues (theft, damage, etc).

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
Dang for that price you can drive down and get it yourself. Sorry, it didn’t work out for you. If I was still in the business it would have been done already for a 1/3 of that price.