Rank III

Enthusiast III

SF Bay Area, CA
First Name
Kris
Last Name
Pruden
Member #

I recently joined the OL ranks with a 2021 4Runner Venture. I’ve been on one trip already and it’s very capable in stock form, but I'm eager to make it my own :)

I plan to have regular maintenance done at the dealer for the time being, but can anyone recommend a good shop on or near the SF Peninsula for aftermarket installs and customization. Ideally, someone with some experience with overland builds who’d be a good partner over the next few years as I grow into the hobby and elaborate and refine what I need from my vehicle.

I’ve come across ABC Toy Garage (Custom Fabrication and Performance | Belmont, CA | ABC Toy Garage) in Belmont and they have good reviews on Yelp and seem to do a good amount of 4x4 work, although it’s not their specialty. Has anyone worked with them before?

Thanks!
Kris

Dseck63

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Daly City, CA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Seck
Member #

Top Shop Auto in Lafayette is one option, I haven't been there personally yet but they do work on OB Micheals Landcruiser quite a bit. Otherwise another one to check out is Shaffers Offroad Wheel Drive Shop in Alameda. Again, I have not been to this one either but they both come recommended in the reviews.

Sorry these aren't necesarily Peninusla options. I have yet to really find any out here either.