Member I

Union City, California, USA
First Name
Pierre
Last Name
Belanger
Member #

Hello fellow Overlander!

i live in Union City (SF Bay Area), i have my Lifted Ford Explorer (yes, yes Ford Explorer) that the rear is sagging. I have a James Duff 6" lift on it with Heavy Duty Leaf Spring, long Shackles, etc... I need Help figuring out what i can do to level it and prevent the sagging when fully loaded with equipment. I am looking for a suspension shop in the Bay area that have knowledge of offroad and lifted truck to help. Any suggestion is welcome!

Thank you.

Anders0nic

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member
Supporter

Pathfinder I

Benicia, CA
First Name
Anderson
Last Name
Carlisle
Member #

There are many different shops in the Bay Area to take your Explorer in for upgrades. If I recall correctly SWAT Customs is fairly near Union City and they have a good reputation. There is also Shaffer’s Off-road in Alameda. Good luck.

Xplor1994

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Union City, California, USA
First Name
Pierre
Last Name
Belanger
Member #

There are many different shops in the Bay Area to take your Explorer in for upgrades. If I recall correctly SWAT Customs is fairly near Union City and they have a good reputation. There is also Shaffer’s Off-road in Alameda. Good luck.
Hi, thanks for the reply! I tried Swat Customs, and they don't follow up. My feeling is that they don't really do customs fabrication, they use after market parts. The guy looked at my explorer and was like "I don't know". I went once and called twice and it appears to me that they are not intersted or don't know what to do. I'll give a try to Shaffer's.