Enthusiast I

San Francisco, CA, USA
First Name
Marina
Last Name
Midori
Member #

Hi everyone,

I'm new member here and don't have an overland vehicle yet.

This one-off TacoZilla SEMA 2021 build would be the ideal vehicle for me: A mid-size (smaller) 4x4 truck that has a standing height, an enclosed bathroom and shower roo.

This meets all my parameters: reliability (Toyota), standing height, dedicated bathroom, 4x4, cab pass-through, and not too big.

Maybe a smaller ambulance, flatbed, or 4x4 van with hightop might meet my needs?

Marina

Tango Tiger

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

DFW, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Taylor
Member #

Hi everyone,

This one-off TacoZilla SEMA 2021 build would be the ideal vehicle for me: A mid-size (smaller) 4x4 truck that has a standing height, an enclosed bathroom and shower roo.

This meets all my parameters: reliability (Toyota), standing height, dedicated bathroom, 4x4, cab pass-through, and not too big.

Maybe a smaller ambulance, flatbed, or 4x4 van with hightop might meet my needs?

Marina

That’s supercool. The standing height is great and the pass-through to the cab would be awesome. I wonder if they’ve done anything special with the gearing compared to a stock Tacoma.

MSD

Rank V
Investor

Advocate III

Colorado, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Duff
Member #

Hi everyone,

Marina

Welcome to the OB family Marina.
If you’re in market for a high top 4x4 Van I’ll be selling one soon. Need to thin my stable.

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

Awesome to see it done and getting ready for display. I've been following the build series on Toyota's Youtube channel.

Would check a lot of boxes for me. Love they started with the TRD sport (almost bought that truck a few years ago when I ended up coming home with a v8 4Runner instead :D )
I think I'd perfer a pop-top Sportsmobile style roof over the hard moon roof they went with, and I gotta admit I'm not one for "retro" look on this project.

Boort

marinasf

Rank II

Enthusiast I

San Francisco, CA, USA
First Name
Marina
Last Name
Midori
Member #

I like that the builders used aluminum and metal for the camper shell than fiberglass. A bit heavier I'm sure but more rigidity.