Launch Member

Advocate II

Jacksonville, NC, USA
First Name
Jordan
Last Name
Bowers
Member #

After closely looking over the RAGO Fab designed window molle system and the Orange Box window system I decided to try and create my own.. at a fraction of the cost. A trip to Lowe's, many, many, many measurements, I came up with my own window system. It's not the prettiest but it certainly gets the job done. :)KIMG1179.JPG

E

Eric the Eric

That's pretty sharp! Good work! I am a big fan of DIY overlanding mods. It adds a special somthing when its driver made.

Reactions: Trail Runner Bowser

Trail Runner Bowser

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Jacksonville, NC, USA
First Name
Jordan
Last Name
Bowers
Member #

That's pretty sharp! Good work! I am a big fan of DIY overlanding mods. It adds a special somthing when its driver made.
Ill be honest, I don't think I have very many pictures. None of the process at least, sorry for that. As for material list, (1) 24"x24"x1/4" steel sheet, (1) 12"x24"x1/8" steel sheet. As for bolts, I just used used the existing bolts from the truck and measured them to at least 1-2" longer. The holes are cut for 1"x1 1/2" with a dremel. I don't have a bunch of fancy tools so a little bit of hammer persuasion and hand strength for the bends. I'll look for any other pictures I have or at least get the better specs when I return home.

Trail Runner Bowser

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Jacksonville, NC, USA
First Name
Jordan
Last Name
Bowers
Member #

Material list? How much did it cost and do you have more pictures?
Ill be honest, I don't think I have very many pictures. None of the process at least, sorry for that. As for material list, (1) 24"x24"x1/4" steel sheet, (1) 12"x24"x1/8" steel sheet. As for bolts, I just used used the existing bolts from the truck and measured them to at least 1-2" longer. The holes are cut for 1"x1 1/2" with a dremel. I don't have a bunch of fancy tools so a little bit of hammer persuasion and hand strength for the bends. I'll look for any other pictures I have or at least get the better specs when I return home.

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Ferndale, WA USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
That looks great! I gotta say, I was expecting you to tell us that you used your $15k CNC machine... but then you said Dremel and left me in awe at your skills. Very well done!

Reactions: Trail Runner Bowser

Trail Runner Bowser

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Jacksonville, NC, USA
First Name
Jordan
Last Name
Bowers
Member #

That looks great! I gotta say, I was expecting you to tell us that you used your $15k CNC machine... but then you said Dremel and left me in awe at your skills. Very well done!
Thanks. :) Went through a lot of heavy duty dremel wheels and about two weeks of cutting to get the holes made. In the end, worth it. Thinking about making a passenger side now too. My dremel is the Multi-Tool of my garage and there isn't a project that I haven't used it on.

Last edited: