Enthusiast I

Berkeley, CA
First Name
Marnie
Last Name
Webb
Member #

Hello,

I’m planning a first trip for my family. I’ve got a stock and good condition Isuzu Trooper (4x4, manual, 1996). I’m an experienced car camping, hiker, and comfortable with easy backpacking trip. But I haven’t driven off the road for dispersed camping.

I’m looking for something relatively easy that we could do over a weekend, leaving from Berkeley, CA.

I’m looking at Prewitt Ridge, maybe something around Lake Berryessa, or up in Mendocino. I love Shasta and, in the other direction, Shaver but think they might be a bit far for a weekend trip.

I’d love any recommendations.

: mw

phobucket

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Member #

I took my sons down to Plaskett Ridge. The views were worth the drive.

Reactions: Webb

gvb40

Rank II

Enthusiast III

San Anselmo Ca
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Vonbuchau
Hello,

I’m planning a first trip for my family. I’ve got a stock and good condition Isuzu Trooper (4x4, manual, 1996). I’m an experienced car camping, hiker, and comfortable with easy backpacking trip. But I haven’t driven off the road for dispersed camping.

I’m looking for something relatively easy that we could do over a weekend, leaving from Berkeley, CA.

I’m looking at Prewitt Ridge, maybe something around Lake Berryessa, or up in Mendocino. I love Shasta and, in the other direction, Shaver but think they might be a bit far for a weekend trip.

I’d love any recommendations.

: mw
There was a big fire in the Berryessa area last year and a lot of it is closed

Reactions: Webb