Launch Member

Member II

Dewey, AZ
First Name
Trevor
Last Name
Emerdinger
Member #

Hey everyone, I am looking for some heavy duty seat covers for our work trucks. We have two 15 Toyota Tacomas and two 16 Tacoma's. There trucks are being driven almost 24 hours strait with guys in and out constantly. We are looking for something that is up to the task. Preferably fully encompassing covers, both seat and back portions.

Can you post your recommendations here? Thanks!
Trevor

Reactions: norcalsurf

Gary Stevens

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Reseda California
Member #

I have some experience here. I have two large German Shepherds. My big boy likes the front seat and moves between the back and front all the time. He is also perimeter protective, so if he does not like you and you get too close to the car when parked, he would make any military trained dog proud. Hence a heavy use. I am on my second set of covers in about a year and half. The first ones were from Shear Comfort, a well rated and reviewed company. The covers recommended were the heavy canvas. Short of it, disappointed. These never fit well, and faded. Dirt got ground into them, as well as smells. I now have CalTrend http://www.caltrend.com/ I got the pleather covers. Much better, better strapping and far better fit. The pleather looks great, and it really touch. I have had these 3 months and they still look new.
What is important is the material you choose. The Okeles do not seem tough enough to me. I think most of the commenters have light in and out, basic camping/overlanding use. That is a far cry from your needs or mine. CalTrend has a new material that is woven nylon, I think it is the Sport Tex, also look at the Tough Camo. Get smaplesTiger 6.jpg . I have heard a lot of good things about the woven nylon. Call them and ask which is best for your need. I can tell you first hand the quality of material, craftsmanship is really good.

Last edited:
Reactions: Meta6981

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Catalina Avenue, Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
When I was living in my truck for the past 3 years, I used these from Cabela's http://www.cabelas.com/product/auto-atv/car-truck-suv/auto-interior/auto-seat-covers|/pc/104796180/c/630501480/sc/104697180/i/104558580/cabela-s-low-back-trailgear-seat-covers/2250860.uts?destination=/catalog/browse/auto-seat-covers/_/N-1118147+10000047/Ne-10000047/Ns-CATEGORY_SEQ_104558580?WTz_st=GuidedNav&WTz_stype=GNU

They were very inexpensive, easy to remove for washing and did not shrink like other seat covers tend to do. I have them in the 4Runner to protect the factory cloth seats. They have useable pockets on the back of the seats, are airbag compliant and can be purchased in low back or high back.

Reactions: 1derer and Meta6981

Junior83

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Maple Ridge, BC
Member #

I have Northwest Seat Covers in my 2017 Tacoma and very happy with the quality. Small company, made to order/custom fit, and North American (Vancouver, BC)

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

TreXTerra

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Salt Lake City, Utah
Member #

I have had a set of neoprene Cover King covers on the back seat for several years. I just replaced the Nissan OEM accessory covers up front with Cover King ballistic covers with molle back panels. They have excellent coverage and a good system for keeping the covers where they belong. The fit is perfect, with reinforced holes for the seat adjustment, and the smaller holes tuck in under the lumbar and headrest attachments for a clean look. The molle backing and included pouches make organizing my gear easy, I even address couple rip-away pouches for first aid kits on the backs of the seats.

Don't buy from their website directly, their distributors can get you a much better deal.

Reactions: daPitbull

Wanderer351

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

bladensburg,ohio
Member #

I literally just asked the same questions on the Midwest facebook groups and several people pointed me towards Trail Gear from cabellas..

Stoped in Friday and walked out for $80 with 2 front bucket seats (with very nice mesh Velcro close pockets on the back) and a bench seat for the rear of my Ram 1500 crew cab..they are Awsome quality water repellant and fit really good!!

But my seats have to repel 5 kids...2 dogs...and my job in construction and painting (sometimes epoxy and it will soak thru normal seat covers )

On of the risks with neoprene is they will mold underneath if they don't get dried properly..but they are very durable!!

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Meta6981

gobi_recon

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Clayton, NC
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Carter
Member #

I had bartact seat covers in my last jeep and most people thought they were factory. Easy to clean and maintain

Reactions: GA_Jeeper57

GA_Jeeper57

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Statesboro, GA, USA
Member #

I also agree with bartact. I think they have Tacoma covers in the works as well. Most folks think they're factory in my TJ until they see my backseat that does not have a bar tact cover yet.

pcphorse88

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate I

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
First Name
Phil
Last Name
Payonk
Member #

I know this is a little late for OP but I thought I would weigh in for others still looking. I had Marathon Seat Covers on 2 of my trucks in the past and they were great and worth the money.

Rick_A

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

California
Member #

I'm just starting to look at seat covers for '17 Tacoma. Has anyone found covers that designed to work with the airbags in the seat?

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

@Rick_A

I'm just starting to look at seat covers for '17 Tacoma. Has anyone found covers that designed to work with the airbags in the seat?
When I contacted the folks at Bartact they said the 2016/2017 covers should be out this summer. Likely by now, I'd think. (They would start working on the 1st gens after the current models were available. I'm waiting to hear form them on a pair for my 1997.

@Pcphorse118
I'll check out Marathon, Looks like they might have a pattern for the 1997.

Boort

Reactions: pcphorse88