Seasoned off-roader and camper new to overlanding. Excited to get the adventure started and be a model member of this community.

• HTML tutorial

OVRLND8

Rank 0

Contributor I

Rockford, IL
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Giesler
I'm Michael, 36 year old that has a 1993 YJ Jeep Wrangler that I have converted into a overlanding rig or rocklander. Ive been following this scene for some time. What I love about this lifestyle is the community/ family aspect! You can be completely alone one min and surrounded by like minded people the next that all treat you like you are a life long friend. Living in Northern Illinois Im hoping to connect with some people here or in Wisconsin for local adventures. Also planning a trip this summer out west to many national parks, BLM land ect. :)

I did all the work on my Jeep. I own a mechanic shop and love to fix, fabricate and improve my rig for my needs. I enjoy helping others as well. My dog Gus will always be my co pilot on my journeys. He loves adventure and hiking! I am currently a OB member I just need to get the # off my Jeep at my shop. I Hope to meet some of you and have some adventures!

Attachments

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

I'm Michael, 36 year old that has a 1993 YJ Jeep Wrangler that I have converted into a overlanding rig or rocklander. Ive been following this scene for some time. What I love about this lifestyle is the community/ family aspect! You can be completely alone one min and surrounded by like minded people the next that all treat you like you are a life long friend. Living in Northern Illinois Im hoping to connect with some people here or in Wisconsin for local adventures. Also planning a trip this summer out west to many national parks, BLM land ect. :)

I did all the work on my Jeep. I own a mechanic shop and love to fix, fabricate and improve my rig for my needs. I enjoy helping others as well. My dog Gus will always be my co pilot on my journeys. He loves adventure and hiking! I am currently a OB member I just need to get the # off my Jeep at my shop. I Hope to meet some of you and have some adventures!
Hello Michael and welcome to the OB crew....nice Jeep and setup. Look forward to seeing your build and your adventures.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB

Hi Michael, welcome to the OB community.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
And the winner of most detailed thread title goes to..... :laughing:
Welcome from Central Texas

Zappe

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Dacono, CO, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Dean
Member #

Hi Michael, I’m new today to the forum. Nice rig!