Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Leon, TX, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Grant
Member #

Good Afternoon. Anyone near the Houston/Matagorda/Nacogdoces/Beaumont areas that are interested in doing meetups on a semi regular occasion? Yes I know these areas are sprawling but let's all face the music. Anything we want to do is at least 4 hours away anyways (gotta love Texas). Would be nice to meet up with everyone and get to know the locals. We do have a lot to do and with pooled resources we can actually put together some good weekend trips. From the 87 runs by Beaumont, the TX hill country route (nice trip btw, we just did it) by Mason, Hidden Falls by Marble Falls, and Brazos Valley by College Station there is plenty that just I have found. That being said there are some gems i have yet to discover. And to top it off, while yes we don't have much BLM down here, we ARE still outfitted to just do some camping. River trips near New Braunfels, Jacobs Well, Big Bend National park are just a few camping trips here in TX. I look forward to meeting everyone.
HF.jpeg

Tommys

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Round Rock, Texas
First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Sustaita
Member #

Hello! Reading this post and wondering if the meet up on the coast went through recently. I am planning a trip to Matagorda Island and wonder if there is access now and if there is any erosion to be aware of since Harvey. Would like help on this one...anyone?

Grantnr

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Leon, TX, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Grant
Member #

Digging up bones here, yeah I'm still in area and also still wondering. It's about that time of year.