Wanted Scepter fuel cans/water cans

• HTML tutorial

Rakkasan3187

Rank I

Contributor III

NW AR
Hey guys. Im looking to buy 2 Scepter mil fuel cans. I understand these are hard to come by and it seems that a lot of people are looking for them, but I figured it can't hurt to ask. Id also be interested in one or two water cans as well. Thanks again.

Mike W

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Iowa, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

Brandon Harvey

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Oregon
Member #

Sorry for my ignorance but how are these versus the plastic in a rotopak?

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

buckwilk

Rank IV

Advocate II

yuma, az
For fuel cans, I prefer the Wavian style metal jerry cans. You can find them all over. (but its harder to find the non-carb spouts)

For water scepter style cans, I just picked up some of these US made Skilcraft water cans that are pretty much identical to the scepter cans.

http://buylci.com/ItemDisplayF.aspx?D1=SKILCRAFT-Water-Can-Desert-Tan--5-gal--5-gal&ItemID=906396

Do you have these water cans ? If so , are they as well made as the scepter, does the spout hold up? Thanks, that's a great price if good quality.

Mike W

Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Iowa, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

Do you have these water cans ? If so , are they as well made as the scepter, does the spout hold up? Thanks, that's a great price if good quality.
I only recently bought those water cans, but yes, they seem to be good quality. I actually almost like them more than the scepters. I compared them to some of the older scepters. They are cheap and U.S. made which is great.

Reactions: buckwilk

The Traveling Shepherd

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Michigan
Member #

I have a scepter fuel can I keep in the bed of my truck. The main reason I went with it is because it doesn't vent/outgass. They're not available in the US due to the spout or some such garbage. I'll be getting a few more and a few of the water cans as funds allow

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

No
Member #

Amazon has the scepter military cans for $129 and the military style with the smaller spout for a lot less. I've seen the used surplus cans at gun shows and surplus stores too, usually the water cans though.

The Traveling Shepherd

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Michigan
Member #

Amazon has the scepter military cans for $129 and the military style with the smaller spout for a lot less. I've seen the used surplus cans at gun shows and surplus stores too, usually the water cans though.

If you're close to the canadian border you can get them for $57

Mike W

Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Iowa, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

The LCI water cans are $25, so if its water go with that.

The Wavian cans dont vent either. They can build a crazy amount of pressure actually... if you dont open them for awhile they really foooomfh when you crack the seal. (I just dislike plastic for fuel cans, but to each their own)

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

No
Member #

If you're close to the canadian border you can get them for $57
I'm actually a big fan of the off road full jugs they use for dirt bikes myself. They are about $40, durable and most importantly are really easy to pour and can be be bought translucent to see the fuel level as you pour. Custom mounts are probably necessary though.

joey.romero

Rank I
Founder 500
Launch Member

Contributor I

Scepter is the original Military contracted Water and Fuel can. LCI is the knock-off.

Scepter currently has a shortage on the tan because when there is a disaster all resources go to that. And we've had a LOT of disasters lately :(

Kevin Chase Claypool

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Tyler, TX
Member #

I just bought an LCI on Amazon, I had a Scepter at home that I could compare it to and can verify that it is exactly the same in every way including the grommet inside the openings. Don't waste your time buying Scepter, it looks like they're not only back ordered but they also recently had issue with their manufacturing mold, so it pushed the release date even further away.

Sent from my Pixel XL using OB Talk mobile app

The Crowbar

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Florida
First Name
Nik
Last Name
Kerry
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
I would check out EBay. I bought several of them a few years back. I recommend getting the wrench and spout as well. Totally makes refuelling a breeze.

Sent from my SM-G965U using OB Talk mobile app