San Jose, CA: Meet & Greet, November 10, 2018, Noon, at Santa Clara Valley Brewing - 11/10/2018

• HTML tutorial

Tone615

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Joshua Tree, CA, USA
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Baker
Member #

Who's white T4R rig is this in the foreground? We started talking about suspension, but never got to follow-up on the details.

What a well-sorted T4R!!!

fullsizeoutput_6dc.jpeg

4X3Lander

Rank V
Launch Member

Steward I

California, United States
First Name
Don
Last Name
4X3Lander
Member #

What a great group of people! I think I had the chance to meet most everyone, at least early on. Got drawn in to a couple beers and long conversations with Albert & Don (sorry, don't know handles yet).

I'm not attending Overland Expo East this weekend, after attending the past three years. As painful as that is, it was SO GOOD to discover the incredible energy, spirit and attitudes that brings me back to OE every year is very much alive and kickin' in the Bay Area OB members.

I picked-up so much info today, having just moved to the area. Loads of new gear, camping and overlanding sites to check out!

Hoping this becomes a regular monthly gathering!!
This is me Tony. Great time chatting with you and Albert. Glad to hear our community encompasses your feeling of what the OB community was on the East Coast.

I had a terrific time as well and look forward to more!

ScorpioVI

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

San Jose, CA
Member #

Thanks everybody for coming out! It was nice meeting y’all and checking out your killer rigs. I’ll post some pics tomorrow when I get to a PC.

For those who were interested in my Wyoming trip, I posted some pics here: https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/nature-photos.1181/page-68#post-268576

And on my Instagram. @scorpiovi.ig

Farkle enjoyed the belly rubs from everybody.

286ACDA3-E4A7-4072-BAD4-4FE7A1DC7F08.jpeg

Hoping this becomes a regular monthly gathering!!
Not sure about monthly yet, but got good feedback from most everybody and the brewery seemed to like it, we’re gonna shoot for every-other-month for now. December tends to be a busy month for everybody so I’ll set the next one up for January.

Last edited:

Tone615

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Joshua Tree, CA, USA
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Baker
Member #

Hey Tone! It's ours, Kristen (and Ryan). Nice meeting you yesterday! Happy to send you any info on our mods, let me know :)
Hey K & R! Yes I would love to get more specifics from you guys, firstly about your suspension. I think you'd said it was some Toyotec components with Total Chaos UCA's?

Those details are the icing on the cake. It felt really good to meet a great group of people I look forward to getting to know better. And your rig is the perfect example of simple-done-(very)-well. It's inspiring for my build in the coming weeks and months.

Have a great T-Day holiday!
-Tone615.

kmcgraw

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Half Moon Bay
First Name
Kristen
Last Name
McGraw
Member #

Hey K & R! Yes I would love to get more specifics from you guys, firstly about your suspension. I think you'd said it was some Toyotec components with Total Chaos UCA's?

Those details are the icing on the cake. It felt really good to meet a great group of people I look forward to getting to know better. And your rig is the perfect example of simple-done-(very)-well. It's inspiring for my build in the coming weeks and months.

Have a great T-Day holiday!
-Tone615.
Totally agree, it was great to meet everyone!

The lift is from Toytec, the "ultimate kit". 3" coilovers in the front, 2.5" coils in the rear. This eliminates the stock rake and leveled out the rig quite well. The shocks are Bilstein 5100s all around. We also added the Total Chaos UCAs, improved the drift and keeps the alignment. The rear coils are fine if you don't have a lot of weight; they are rated at 185lbs. We have a smittybuilt scout trailer that we tow and the sag is pretty bad. We will likely switch the rear coils out for the Old Man Emu HDs and longer shocks.

Let us know if you need info for your build, happy to help anytime!

Reactions: True North

4X3Lander

Rank V
Launch Member

Steward I

California, United States
First Name
Don
Last Name
4X3Lander
Member #

ScorpiaVI - I posted the pics you took on my website. Happy to give you credit if you want that. Or if you don’t want them on there, I can take them down. Let me know.