Rank III

Influencer II

San Francisco, CA, USA
First Name
dante
Last Name
cecchini
Hey Everyone!

Haven't seen overland meetups in San Francisco on the forum. I've seen some sweet rigs all over the SF! Was thinking of maybe organizing a sort of 'Rigs and Coffee' meetup here in town. Not necessarily going anywhere (not yet anyway), more of just a meetup for the SF community of overlanders. Anyone else out there that would think this is cool?

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Hey Everyone!

Haven't seen overland meetups in San Francisco on the forum. I've seen some sweet rigs all over the SF! Was thinking of maybe organizing a sort of 'Rigs and Coffee' meetup here in town. Not necessarily going anywhere (not yet anyway), more of just a meetup for the SF community of overlanders. Anyone else out there that would think this is cool?
There was a meet up in Pacifica over a year or so ago. The East Bay folks, however, me regularly. Haven't seen any in SF, probably cause of parking lol. I should know, was born and raised there.

GR33N D1

Rank III

Influencer II

San Francisco, CA, USA
First Name
dante
Last Name
cecchini
There was a meet up in Pacifica over a year or so ago. The East Bay folks, however, me regularly. Haven't seen any in SF, probably cause of parking lol. I should know, was born and raised there.
Also an SF native! We should be able to pick a spot where parking isnt too bad. Ocean beach? Crissy Field?

Reactions: RoarinRow

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Also an SF native! We should be able to pick a spot where parking isnt too bad. Ocean beach? Crissy Field?
I live in Sacramento now, but if I were to come down, which I would do, Crissy Field is good if they don't have any events. Otherwise a quick drive inside the Presidio should have plenty of parking.

GR33N D1

Rank III

Influencer II

San Francisco, CA, USA
First Name
dante
Last Name
cecchini
I live in Sacramento now, but if I were to come down, which I would do, Crissy Field is good if they don't have any events. Otherwise a quick drive inside the Presidio should have plenty of parking.
Yeah! Presidio would be good. Lots of options as to exactly where in the presidio. Hopefully we get a few more bites with enough interest on this!

GR33N D1

Rank III

Influencer II

San Francisco, CA, USA
First Name
dante
Last Name
cecchini
I live near Half Moon bay. Count me in!! Happy to help organize too!!
Alright! We’re getting some good traction on this! This is great! The east bay has a number of strong groups, stoked to see we’re getting something together on this side of the bay too!! How does narrowing the location down to north of 84 sound to everyone? Could be half moon bay, maybe even la honda, ft funston, or somehwere in SF?

surfnturf

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor II

Kings Mountain, CA, USA
Member #

Alright! We’re getting some good traction on this! This is great! The east bay has a number of strong groups, stoked to see we’re getting something together on this side of the bay too!! How does narrowing the location down to north of 84 sound to everyone? Could be half moon bay, maybe even la honda, ft funston, or somehwere in SF?
Works for me! San Gregorio State Beach has a large parking lot but it cost 12 bucks to enter. Fills up in the afternoon but should be okay if everyone gets there by 10am.

Reactions: RoarinRow

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

Fort Funston could be possible theres enough parking and its free to enter and dogs can be off leash. I wish we could go back to Reds Java house the large parking lot there but its a covid spot i think

GR33N D1

Rank III

Influencer II

San Francisco, CA, USA
First Name
dante
Last Name
cecchini
Fort Funston could be possible theres enough parking and its free to enter and dogs can be off leash. I wish we could go back to Reds Java house the large parking lot there but its a covid spot i think
Red's would be great! but yes I think you're right, it is a covid testing site. Also like san gregorio beach. Maybe Ft. Funston? seems to be a decent midway point between SF and halmoon bay?