Meet up weekday or Weekend

• Weekday

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Weekend

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters
D

donuteater

I am attempting to organize a monthly San Diego meet up. I have put together monthly meet ups for a few other clubs and forums I have been a member of, but wanted to put OB on the forefront and get one started. Starting off I want to get an idea of week day or weekend and location. I have spoke with Stone Brewery and they would be happy to have us. I have work connections with many breweries in the greater San Diego area and have envisioned touring most of them as the months go on. What I have experienced in the past week days tend to be easier and less hectic than weekends. I will let February be our planning and discussion month with a first meet in March Date and location TBD on the poll and feedback from this thread.

D

donuteater

The options for runs and meet ups are endless. Once we see who the core SD group is runs can be established and planned for the weekends. The weekday meet ups are a great way for everyone to get out from behind the keyboard and interact in person so we can all put a face to a name.

Anak

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sandy Eggo
I am interested.

Weekdays are probably best, but not Wednesdays.

Odds are also good that I will miss March, and perhaps April as the Varmints will be doing six weeks of training everyday as the final stage of preparation for testing in martial arts, but if I can fit this in around that I will make it happen.

Slow-Poke

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Maricopa, Pinal County, Arizona, United States
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Zipse
Member #

I am attempting to organize a monthly San Diego meet up. I have put together monthly meet ups for a few other clubs and forums I have been a member of, but wanted to put OB on the forefront and get one started. Starting off I want to get an idea of week day or weekend and location. I have spoke with Stone Brewery and they would be happy to have us. I have work connections with many breweries in the greater San Diego area and have envisioned touring most of them as the months go on. What I have experienced in the past week days tend to be easier and less hectic than weekends. I will let February be our planning and discussion month with a first meet in March Date and location TBD on the poll and feedback from this.

Anytime I can make it I’ll go. That sounds great.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

D

donuteater

Tons of great input. Looks like for now we will have the monthly meet ups on a week day. It is something to look forward to so we can all get through the work week. I am waiting to hear back from Stone Escondido on a few dates so we don't have any conflicts but that will be the first meet location. I will be updating this thread and creating a Rally Point. I already have two other San Diego breweries that are interested in hosting. At each location I am working to get us a group rate for beers...every little bit helps. More to come :)

D

donuteater

I am going to put together the rally point and thread today for the monthly meet!

Reactions: Tank

WaterMan21

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

San Diego
First Name
Gabe
Last Name
Med
Member #

I'm new to OB and also would love to be a part of this. Thanks for organizing!

SubeeBen

Rank V

Advocate I

Alpine, CA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Jacques
Member #

I live in alpine 40minutes east of downtown S.D. & would love to be involved or help in any way

SubeeBen

Rank V

Advocate I

Alpine, CA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Jacques
Member #

Very interested! I’m in the Navy though, so my schedule is basically banana.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
No worries , trying to plan a day trip to Anza barrego maybe end of March beginning of April. Just a day trip if interested. Been wanting to take my wife & daughter out there to explore.

Reactions: WaterMan21