RV Stabilizers with RTT

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

FlyingFischer5

Rank VI

Advocate III

Spokane, WA
Member #

Just curious if anyone installed RV Jack/Stabilizes on to there rigs for added stability? I already have Camco FasTen 2x2 leveling blocks that I use under the tires to get close to level but was thinking of adding RV stabilizer jacks also to help solidify the vehicle and reduce any shifting/movement from my vehicle suspension as I toss and turn a lot while sleeping and sometimes wake myself up from the rocking, hahahahaa. Also they could be useful to jack my rig up to change a tire if I can't get my Hi-lift into a good spot to lift.

Desert Runner

Rank VI

Influencer I

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
Fisler
Member #

Just curious if anyone installed RV Jack/Stabilizes on to there rigs for added stability? I already have Camco FasTen 2x2 leveling blocks that I use under the tires to get close to level but was thinking of adding RV stabilizer jacks also to help solidify the vehicle and reduce any shifting/movement from my vehicle suspension as I toss and turn a lot while sleeping and sometimes wake myself up from the rocking, hahahahaa. Also they could be useful to jack my rig up to change a tire if I can't get my Hi-lift into a good spot to lift.
While not a overland camp trailer, my 22 foot duck tail flatbed is going to have a pair installed on the rear. I usually have Atvs on it, it is a designed car hauler.

The problem as I see it, is that when loading, up the ramps, a lot of stress is put on the coupler, along the lower collar/retainer. If I was to load a truck, I think serious damage could happen.

Therefore, adding stabilizer feet will take the pressure off the hitch.20180518_161013.jpeg20180518_161132.jpeg

smritte

Rank VI

Traveler I

Ontario California
Member #

Ham Callsign
KO6BI
I made some screw jacks. Made little pockets for them to fit in. I wasn't happy with the jack's that were out there. Mine take a little longer but I can move around inside my RTT and it stays put.