Runaway Campers....

• HTML tutorial

KC2BUN

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Salem County NJ
Member #

so on our recent camping trip my better half admitted that I was right! she said that the style camping and trips we take a micro camper be best for us, I have been looking at the Runaway Camps for some time now. I believe they will be our best option for two reasons
1.) price
2.) adaptability

anyone else running with a Runaway Camper?

Reactions: jfbjr65

ArkansasDon

Rank V
Launch Member

Member I

the wife & I talked with them on the phone, the woman for Runaway wasn't helpful on our questions & made us feel unimportant like we were wasting her time.
Our purchase was with WEEROLL , their OFFROAD SERIES WRANGLER X . http://www.weeroll.com/off-road
They are built far more rugged than Runaway trailers are, were WEEROLL trailers are built from "all" aluminum: chassis, framing structure, roof, floor, siding. Their turn around time is 4 to 5 months on our build.

We are still keeping our Dinoot M416 overland trailer w\RTT.

Last edited:

KC2BUN

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Salem County NJ
Member #

the wife & I talked with them on the phone, the woman for Runaway wasn't helpful on our questions & made us feel unimportant like we were wasting her time.
Our purchase was with WEEROLL , their OFFROAD SERIES WRANGLER X . http://www.weeroll.com/off-road
They are built far more rugged than Runaway trailers are, were WEEROLL trailers are built from "all" aluminum: chassis, framing structure, roof, floor, siding. Their turn around time is 4 to 5 months on our build.

We are still keeping our Dinoot M416 overland trailer w\RTT.
Ohhh those are nice *drool*

Sent from my SM-G930P using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: TNcaveman

amateurhour

Rank III

Advocate II

I recently called the Runaway dealer here in TN and spoke with them for a while. They seem pretty good for the price but I don't think durability off road is something they've put a lot into. They've got the Venturist model now which is basically a stock runaway that gets shipped to CO and gets aftermarket suspension and a bigger axle/tire package.

My only concern with them is that the entire "teardrop" section is just birch wood. I don't believe it's a steel or aluminum reinforced frame.

Caligirlnic

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Bend, OR, USA
First Name
Nicci
Last Name
miller
Which ever you choose really should be in line with the type of camping you really do. I researched for months on these mainly because we go off road and dispersed 95% of the time. Runaway or Hiker basic would be fine for easy camping. Ours was specifically designed for what we do and is very solid. Takes washboard roads and has more clearance than our truck. It is called Into the Wild Overland. Twin Lakes.jpg Dunes.jpg

amateurhour

Rank III

Advocate II

Hey Don I noticed you had the Dinoot.

I was looking into that. Just speaking of structurally sound I know those are fiberglass based. Did you go with their pre-welded steel frame or use the harbor freight kit, and if so, how is it holding up?

Lead Dog

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lake Havasu City, Arizona, USA
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Clary
Member #

Be careful who your calling out. Our Extreme Trailers are designed to go where belly draggers can't! With 10" of actual shocked wheel travel these trailers are designed to go where you want to camp. No copy cats here. Hiker Setting the Bar for Off Road Teardrops. Been here since 2006 and not going away!

Which ever you choose really should be in line with the type of camping you really do. I researched for months on these mainly because we go off road and dispersed 95% of the time. Runaway or Hiker basic would be fine for easy camping. Ours was specifically designed for what we do and is very solid. Takes washboard roads and has more clearance than our truck. It is called Into the Wild Overland. View attachment 57267 View attachment 57268

Attachments

Caligirlnic

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Bend, OR, USA
First Name
Nicci
Last Name
miller
Be careful who your calling out. Our Extreme Trailers are designed to go where belly draggers can't! With 10" of actual shocked wheel travel these trailers are designed to go where you want to camp. No copy cats here. Hiker Setting the Bar for Off Road Teardrops. Been here since 2006 and not going away!
Calm down, not calling out anyone. I encourage anyone making this investment to do their research and relate their camping needs to what and where their destinations land them.

KC2BUN

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Salem County NJ
Member #

Lead Dog....to which trailer do you speak? Are they affordable for the entry class overlanders?

Lead Dog

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lake Havasu City, Arizona, USA
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Clary
Member #

Lead Dog....to which trailer do you speak? Are they affordable for the entry class overlanders?

Our Entry level Mid Range trailer starts at $6295 in a 5x8 version with independent torsion axle and 19" of wheel travel, Our Extreme Off Road has 26" of frame height and 10" of actual wheel travel on a Extreme Duty Frame with storage trays! starting @ $ 8995

sri kamas

Rank 0

Traveler I

Chicago,IL
Member #

I spoke to weeroll and they take 6 loooong months to build their trailers.That is too long. I have gone M416 with RTT way and i am happy with my choice.

Reactions: KC2BUN

ArkansasDon

Rank V
Launch Member

Member I

I decided to go with Runaway myself. I wanted the Hiker the turn around time was a bit much & that's why Hiker has the outstanding reputation they have. Runaway was nice enough to send me a video of their trailer builds (which I was impressed) & for the use for me & the wife, we run National Forest dirt roads & logging road on the National Forest this trailer will suffice the need for us. I will remove all the street suspension & replace it with all new larger leaf springs, hangers & add shocks. The tongue I will modify installing a 2" thick wall back bone with a removable articulating coupler. Taller offroad tires, & longer stabilizer jacks.
They called this afternoon & said it was ready for pick up. Were leaving Monday for Florida to pick it up.