RTT condensation mats

• HTML tutorial

bshinn

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

China Grove, NC, USA
Member #

What's everyone using for condensation pads under the mattress in your RTT's? The only thing I can find on an Amazon search was the pads from Tepui @ $140ea, and I would need 2 is appears. There has to be a better option.

Thanks

Reactions: sabjku

HAUBY123

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Wisconsin
First Name
BRIAN
Last Name
HAUBENSCHILD
Member #

Try looking at this...

bshinn

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

China Grove, NC, USA
Member #

Try looking at this...

Thanks, exactly what I was looking for.

Bob

Biker Eagle

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Chelsea, AL, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Culbertson
Member #

Service Branch
Former NOPD LEO
There is...an $8 sheet of 4x8x1 Dow styrofoam insulation(Blue Board). Install the Dow directly on top of the RTT deck and place your mattress on top of the Dow. Condensation problem fixed. Added benefit is your tent is much warmer in winter and cooler in summer.

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

There is...an $8 sheet of 4x8x1 Dow styrofoam insulation(Blue Board). Install the Dow directly on top of the RTT deck and place your mattress on top of the Dow. Condensation problem fixed. Added benefit is your tent is much warmer in winter and cooler in summer.
I like that idea! Works well?

I have a Tepui Autana tent and did their condensation mat, and it does work very well. I'm in the Mid-Atlantic and we get all kinds of weather, and very humid days. Before I had the condensation mat it was really bad. After purchasing the mat, the problem was solved.

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

What's everyone using for condensation pads under the mattress in your RTT's? The only thing I can find on an Amazon search was the pads from Tepui @ $140ea, and I would need 2 is appears. There has to be a better option.

Thanks
Just curious....why would you need 2 mats from Tepui?

Reactions: bshinn

bshinn

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

China Grove, NC, USA
Member #

The bed on the Crux measures 67" x 83" the one pictured in the Amazon ad appears to be about 30" wide. After checking their site, they list them for their tents, not by size and they are out of stock so I need another option.

Reactions: sabjku

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

The bed on the Crux measures 67" x 83" the one pictured in the Amazon ad appears to be about 30" wide. After checking their site, they list them for their tents, not by size and they are out of stock so I need another option.
Ok gotcha.....yea, they do fit the floor of their tents perfectly. Mine is the Autana, so the mat measures 56"x96", which is the size of the sleeping platform. The mat's technically an inch or so less in size each way now that I think about it. It's probably 54x94.