RTT Automatic Leveling System | OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

RTT Automatic Leveling System

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

T_Stark

Rank 0

Contributor I

California, USA
First Name
Trevor
Last Name
Stark
Hello,

I value a quick set up and am interested to know if anyone else is tired of stacking rocks to have a level sleeping surface. I'm considering building a mechanical system to auto level my roof top tent at the push of a button.
I'm curious to know what everyone's solution is for sleeping flat. Does anyone have anything fancier than leveling blocks? I am out in the weeds with this idea? Thoughts and feedback appreciated, thank you!

Last edited:

Longshot270

Rank V

Experimenter I

DFW, TX
First Name
Colby
Last Name
M
Member #

My dad carries a set of boards to put under the tires. I took it one step further and drilled dimples in the bottom and put small bolts in the top so my set would stack and lock similar to legos.
My preferred option now is cheap galvanized stacking stabilizer jack stands. The set supports up to 6000 pounds so more than enough to finish leveling a vehicle that’s reasonably level to start with. Depending on the height and expected terrain, I’d put some boards under them.

Reactions: T_Stark

MOAK

Rank V

Member II

Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

As long as my head is higher than my feet I’m good. Sleeping with my head lower than my feet gives me weird dreams. Ive seen guys actually beak out a bubble level and spend a great deal of time getting perfectly level. I can’t be bothered. If it were important to me, I’d figure out how to use a pair of air bag suspension helpers mounted on the axles and a way to easily inflate one or the other to set up, then easily deflate when breaking camp. Something like this. E1EF4B37-8E09-49A8-B847-5E8D2E5593B3.png