Portland, OR
First Name
John
Last Name
Olivier
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7BXG
Hey all - pulled the trigger on a full set of RCI skids for my 2018 4Runner Off-Road and now looking at sliders. Researching around and RSG seems to be getting some rave reviews. Wondering if anyone else out there has some insight. Specifically wanting to know (1) can you use the RSG sliders as a jack point (they are bolt on but I don't see any info on the website for the 5th Gen 4Runner set); and (2) any conflict issues with RCI skids.

Have emailed customer service - we'll see what they say, but thought I'd see if anyone else has any info. Thx.

John

johnO

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor II

Portland, OR
First Name
John
Last Name
Olivier
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7BXG
Quick update - customer service indicated that both the angled and straight sliders will serve as a jack point and will not conflict with RCI skids. Going to order some up today.

Reactions: DaveInCO

DaveInCO

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate I

Thornton, CO, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Orth
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I have used my RSG sliders to jack up the 4Runner and I've come down hard on them and they are still straight.

Reactions: WD40DAWSON

johnO

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor II

Portland, OR
First Name
John
Last Name
Olivier
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7BXG
My RSG sliders will be here this week and i've seen the angled versions used as a lift point to change both the front and rear tires.
Just thought I'd close the loop on this ... Love the RSG sliders. Install was super easy and they have performed flawlessly! No conflict with skids at all and a great step to have easy reach to the roof rack to boot!

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

Just thought I'd close the loop on this ... Love the RSG sliders. Install was super easy and they have performed flawlessly! No conflict with skids at all and a great step to have easy reach to the roof rack to boot!
Funny enough, I'm also looking to but RCI skid and RSG sliders. Glad to know you like them.

Did you get aluminum or steel skids? And angled/plated sliders?

Thank you.

Marman

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pleasant Hill, MO
First Name
Larry
Last Name
Marlowe
Member #

Service Branch
USAF Retired
Mine should arrive today, cant wait to install.