First Name
Michael
Last Name
Dubya
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTN
*** UPDATE**

Unless we have a volunteer to bring an extra shuttle vehicle, I think those that attend will have to use the Hiawatha shuttle busses. My second vehicle that was going to shuttle us had an engine failure. We are still going- hope to see you there!

You’ve said you are going to do it. You have looked at the brochure, web site, and photos- but some how you have never ridden the Hiawatha Bike Trail. Me neither, for the same reasons. So RSVP, tell your spouse, and put it on the fridge calendar now!

“The Route of the Hiawatha mountain bike or hike trail is 15 miles long with 10 train tunnels and 7 sky-high trestles. The ride starts with a trip through the 1.6 mile long St. Paul Pass Tunnel, also known as the Taft Tunnel. It is a highlight of the trail that follows the crest of the Bitterroot Mountains near Lookout Pass Ski Area.”

View Rally Point

The Nickels

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Poulsbo, Washington, USA
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Nickel
Member #

While also in that area look into the Mine Museum and Mine Tour in the town of Wallace, ID. They are both really fun and educational.
Enjoy the ride. I'll try it in a few years when the kids are a bit older.

Reactions: Sarge368

britz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Musselshell, Idaho
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6YTI
No. You can easily obtain tickets at the lodge the day you decide to do it.

Another thing, while the route is pretty much all down hill, you still have to pedal the whole route.
While I'm a seasoned mountain biker and retired San Francisco commuter, 15 miles of tempo pedaling would be perfect for rehabbing this stubborn ankle.

But knowing me, i'm still bring my road rash and trail repair kit.

gvb40

Rank II

Enthusiast III

San Anselmo Ca
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Vonbuchau
This is a fun ride and if you combine it with the Trail of the Couer dAlene it makes a great 180 mile loop with lodging along the way.

Reactions: Mike Dubya

britz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Musselshell, Idaho
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6YTI
I'm going keep a close watch on the weather. I really don't want to camp in the rain, ride in the rain, then sit in the back of my pickup with dog and gear in the rain to shuttle people, then get back to camp soaked. Been there, done that, except for the riding in the bed of the pickup part.

Mike Dubya

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Dubya
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTN
I'm going keep a close watch on the weather. I really don't want to camp in the rain, ride in the rain, then sit in the back of my pickup with dog and gear in the rain to shuttle people, then get back to camp soaked. Been there, done that, except for the riding in the bed of the pickup part.
Yeah, if it's raining we will have to cancel the ride.

Mike Dubya

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Dubya
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTN
Looks like less than a 20% chance of rain, are you still in?

britz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Musselshell, Idaho
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6YTI
I've lost my ride. I guess i put it on the Elise Lake thread. Ellis has to stay in the area since the Fire Chief and Asst Chief are out of town and he's the only otger officer.

Mike Dubya

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Dubya
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTN
*** UPDATE**
Unless we have a volunteer to bring an extra shuttle vehicle, I think those that attend will have to use the Hiawatha shuttle busses. My second vehicle that was going to shuttle us had an engine failure. We are still going- hope to see you there!