Roofnest Falcon XL Help

• HTML tutorial

No Known Boundaries

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Western US
Member #

I have a gen 1 falcon XL that I'm looking for a couple components on.

Firstly, I need a 450n set of struts with an extended length of 33". Roofnest CS said they weren't sure where to get them 'cause they've moved on to a different design for gen 2. :neutral:
Secondly, I'm looking for T nuts. The ones they linked me to cost $12 in shipping for a .48 part. These are 20mm x 13 x 5, and I can't find an equivalent at Fastenal or Amazon.

Anyone gone through this that can shed some light?

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
Firstly, I need a 450n set of struts with an extended length of 33"
Are you sure about that number (450nm)? I convert that to 331.9 foot pound. Depending on angle, those together will lift 500# or more. I'm assuming its for the lid.
Here's a link to some about the same length Struts I used a pair of 150# struts to lift my M-100 lid and RTT together.

Secondly, I'm looking for T nuts. The ones they linked me to cost $12 in shipping for a .48 part. These are 20mm x 13 x 5, and I can't find an equivalent at Fastenal or Amazon.
I can find 20mm Tee Nuts, the rest of the sizing you posted I'm not sure of. Are these going into a channel? If so, most slots are standard depth/width.
Tee Nuts

Reactions: Boort

No Known Boundaries

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Western US
Member #

Are you sure about that number (450nm)? I convert that to 331.9 foot pound. Depending on angle, those together will lift 500# or more. I'm assuming its for the lid.
Here's a link to some about the same length Struts I used a pair of 150# struts to lift my M-100 lid and RTT together.

I can find 20mm Tee Nuts, the rest of the sizing you posted I'm not sure of. Are these going into a channel? If so, most slots are standard depth/width.
Tee Nuts
Just Newtons, not Newton meters. N measures linear force, Nm is a torque factor. But I'll look at those struts. Likewise for the nuts, thanks.

Reactions: smritte

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
Sigh.
I knew that. Didn't help that just before I was converting nm.
Nice thing is, you have the numbers. You just need to find a match.

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
I was on CVT's site earlier today and saw several struts and just went back and looked and one of them has 450n in the description but doesn't say the length, not sure if it's what you are looking for or even compatible but thought I'd share incase the competitors product would work.

The link will take you to the page they are on (Mt. Hood - Gas Strut (Single)-450N $45), for some reason when I click on the actual part I get a error on my browser.

Reactions: No Known Boundaries

diabetiktaco

Local Expert New Jersey, USA
Launch Member

Explorer I

Marlboro Township, NJ, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Beauchea
Member #

I have a gen 1 falcon XL that I'm looking for a couple components on.

Firstly, I need a 450n set of struts with an extended length of 33". Roofnest CS said they weren't sure where to get them 'cause they've moved on to a different design for gen 2. :neutral:

Anyone gone through this that can shed some light?
I'm pretty sure I have a ton of extra t nuts. If you want them just PM me and I'll send them to you no cost. The struts can probably be found on a competitor's site. The roofnest is just another re branded Chinese RTT that's sold to all different brands. I always hated their customer service.