Roof top tent recommendations

• HTML tutorial

elissadaisy

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Quogue Ny
Member #

We are looking to buy a rooftop tent for ourToyota tacoma. Looking for any brand/style recommendations. May also be interested in buying a used one.

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
IMHO 23Zero are the best. CVT are also very good. No experience with Tepui but plenty of people are happy with them as with other brands. Many are the same, come out of the same factory in China with the same level of quality control but a different name silkscreened on the side. While many also look the same in pictures in person they are not the same quality. iKampers are nice but also more expensive. Well there I gave you way to many brands but if I was going to buy another new tent it would be a 23Zero. Used I would consider a 23Zero or CVT.

I have owned 3 different brands. I disliked the mattress in all 3 and replaced them with a custom mattress from FoamByMail.com But we all have very different tastes in that department so factory may work great for you.

Reactions: elissadaisy
E

Eric the Eric

Great info 1louder! Anyone out there have any DIY roof toppers? I have musing about a wedge shaped home made one after I get the rack on my titan fabbed up. Too many projects not enough time, never enough money haha.

elissadaisy

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Quogue Ny
Member #

IMHO 23Zero are the best. CVT are also very good. No experience with Tepui but plenty of people are happy with them as with other brands. Many are the same, come out of the same factory in China with the same level of quality control but a different name silkscreened on the side. While many also look the same in pictures in person they are not the same quality. iKampers are nice but also more expensive. Well there I gave you way to many brands but if I was going to buy another new tent it would be a 23Zero. Used I would consider a 23Zero or CVT.

I have owned 3 different brands. I disliked the mattress in all 3 and replaced them with a custom mattress from FoamByMail.com But we all have very different tastes in that department so factory may work great for you.
Thank you very much I will definitely check 23Zero and CVT out. I wondered what the mattress are like inside these tents.

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
Thank you very much I will definitely check 23Zero and CVT out. I wondered what the mattress are like inside these tents.
Most are too soft and you bottom out on to the floor. Some are too firm..... I have never found one just right.. Someone write a nursery rhyme!

l_vandyke

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Dodgetown, NC, USA
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Vandyke
Member #

I have a Tepui and I’ve used it a handful of times this year. No experience in cooler weather camping with it yet but it has done a good job so far. I really like the looks of those iKamper tents too. I like the lower profile they have when they’re folded up