max.grun

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Turlock, California
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSE
I posted a couple weeks back about having to replace my rig and the response here was great. Thank you for the good convo, guys.

That said, my first addition to the Jeep is going to be a roof rack or basket setup. I really like that front runner slim profile but that price is up there. I'm curious to see how this community has setup there rack/baskets. If you don't mind sharing that is.

Also out of curiosity, how many of the members here use the factory rails that front to back? I'd like to use these instead of purchasing crossbars and adding even more height.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Rolando

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Lovettsville, VA
First Name
Roland
Last Name
Woldt
Member #

There are a couple of posts about this topic on the site, but I'll play ... I assume you have a hard top, so your mileage might vary, but I have a Warrior Products Renegade roof rack on my soft top Jeep. I bought it because I think that full size roof racks look silly on fastback tops or open Jeeps.

I am very happy with the rack, but you want to have the wind shield to bring down the noise that it has without.

2018-01-20_12-17-10.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: max.grun

max.grun

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Turlock, California
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSE
There are a couple of posts about this topic on the site, but I'll play ... I assume you have a hard top, so your mileage might vary, but I have a Warrior Products Renegade roof rack on my soft toop Jeep. I bought it because I think that full size roof racks look silly on fastback tops or open Jeeps.

I am very happy with the rack, but you want to have the wind shield to bring down the noise that it has without.

View attachment 87248
Sorry i should have specified. Yes it is a hard top. I have the 2019 Cherokee with the factory side rails.

I saw some of the posts with the search function, still would like to what others have done or are doing.

Reactions: Rolando