Enthusiast III

Texas 77845, United States
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Horton
Member #

Hello All
I have a 2019 Rav4 XLE AWD. I am wanting to put a roof rack on it. Im currently considering the Prinsu Rack but Im up for other recommendations. I need the rack to be able to carry gear mainly my Gazelle T4 tent and other longer cases given the Rav4 doesn't have a large cargo space.

Right now I have the stock low profile rails. so If i wanted to use a basket Id have to get the Cross bars for the Stock system

rhljk14

Rank II

Contributor III

Swansea, Bristol County, Massachusetts, United States
First Name
Rob
Last Name
LeBlanc
Member #

Hello All
I have a 2019 Rav4 XLE AWD. I am wanting to put a roof rack on it. Im currently considering the Prinsu Rack but Im up for other recommendations. I need the rack to be able to carry gear mainly my Gazelle T4 tent and other longer cases given the Rav4 doesn't have a large cargo space.

Right now I have the stock low profile rails. so If i wanted to use a basket Id have to get the Cross bars for the Stock system
Found a couple.

Anazlu

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Texas 77845, United States
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Horton
Member #

I ended up getting the prinsu rack.
Thank you for the advice. Maybe someone else can use it.
Did you have to drill holes for the back bracket? I saw the prinsu as well but when I heard about the drilling, I was a bit unsure.
Its not drilling a hole, its making it a tiny bit bigger.

There is a factory hole in that spot. Its something like a 6/8ths (3/4ths) size and it needs to be a 7/8ths size.

I just use a step down bit and was able to get it done with no problems. I also didn't have to drop the whole head liner. I did need to pull away one spot to get a vice grip in, the plus nut was just spinning and wasn't holding its place.

rhljk14

Rank II

Contributor III

Swansea, Bristol County, Massachusetts, United States
First Name
Rob
Last Name
LeBlanc
Member #

I ended up getting the prinsu rack.
Thank you for the advice. Maybe someone else can use it.
Did you have to drill holes for the back bracket? I saw the prinsu as well but when I heard about the drilling, I was a bit unsure.
Its not drilling a hole, its making it a tiny bit bigger.

There is a factory hole in that spot. Its something like a 6/8ths (3/4ths) size and it needs to be a 7/8ths size.

I just use a step down bit and was able to get it done with no problems. I also didn't have to drop the whole head liner. I did need to pull away one spot to get a vice grip in, the plus nut was just spinning and wasn't holding its place.
Ah, good to know. Thanks.

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

Look at BajaRacks.com see if they have something that will work.There very well made. I don't know if they have a RAV rack. I would contact them also if you don't see it.